• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooziewhatsit

Hey all,
I was wondering if after I update the bios on my abit be6-II rev 2.0 to v72, if I could update the highpoint bios using a bios from highpoints site.
I noticed that the bios included in the system bios is only 1.0.3b1, which is pretty old. I was thinking they might have done this since for some reason the be6 couldn't didn't support updating the hpt bios. ?!?!

thanks
hooziewhatsit

Normally they bundle it along with the bios , and don't change anything unless it requires a fix but I could be wrong.

As long as you have the correct HP bios for the chipset I don't see why you can't , personally I would feel better if I could at least save the HP bios prior to updating it just incase .

I think that if you did mess it up in some way , then by installing a normal Abit bios upgrade should undo a bad HP bios upgrade , well that's my theory :D

Like most peeps ,esp the exp ones use the old saying " If it ain't broke don't fix it "

Pretty wise words for the inexperienced , ones we tend to learn the hard way :D
myself included

Back