• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo II - Tips/Tactics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

Starting a thread here since the peeps @ planetdiablo seem to be lamers.

I go first... How do you beat Duriel [act 2], I'm using a Lvl. 21 Druid and have been thrashed 2X. Any hints?

to kill duriel:

get some item that totally prevents you from freezing. Half freeze time items don't work with big D.

get a large pile of town portals, and hire a mercenary. Go to Duriel's lair, and open a portal as Duriel fights your mercenary. Attack Duriel until he kills yer mercenary, then jump in the portal. Hire a new mercenary, and repeat!:D quite lame but it works- if you aren't freeze proof you need something to draw Duriel's attacks or he'll take all day to kill. Actually this is the main strategy for ALL battles you have trouble with.

Here's my question- what's up with undead monsters?? It seems I can't steal life or mana from them, and they seem to ignore elemental damage!! Is this right or am I imagining things?

Is your druid shap shifter or elemental? I have an elemental and I just pelt her and use animals ie. Wolves or bear.

CSaddict said:
Is your druid shap shifter or elemental?

I'm Lvl. 21, and have 2 wolves, 1 raven, 1 merc., Lvl 3 oak Sage, and carion/poison vine. I have cyclone armour [lvl. 3], fireball, and some other fire blast?

best tip is to get your druid to around level 26 and have a good amount of HP and rejuv pots available in your belt, summon up all your wolves and ravens have a merc and go in, open a town portal and keep fireblasting till it dies although if u have fissure i would recommend that, and if your about to die simply run back through the town portal

ThingFromBeond - level 79 Assasin

Summons take 75% MORE damage from bosses than from regular enemies. It's usually best to avoid summons during a boss battle. Oak Sage is good to have kicking around, however, cuz I believe it constantly lifes you up.

If you're more a Shifting Druid, then I'd suggest going w/ a wearwolf w/ fireclaws or somesuch to inflict a goodish amount of damage to him. The Wearwolf attacks faster than the Wearbear, but the Wearbear has more HP and deals more damage, but is hella slow.

I put most of my points into Werebear, Maul and Lycanthropy. I’m not sure what level I was when I beat Duriel, but I think I was close to 24. He died in less than 25 seconds. :) Btw, I haven't put a single point in the elemental skills.

What weapon are you using? I have the Bonesnap Maul and it kicks some major butt with it’s 93-132 damage!

Last edited:
Oni said:
What's Lycanthropy do?

It’s a passive skill that increases the amount of time that you can stay in the Warewolf/ Werebear form. It also greatly increases your life.

For anyone who wants to know, this is what I’ve done. Right now I’m level 57

Strength: 136 Dexterity: 132 Vitality: 133 Energy: 25 (yep, that’s all ya need to put on energy)

I’ve put most of my skill points on Lycanthropy: 19 Werebear: 15 Maul: 7 Oak Sage: 6. I also put a few points on some of the other skills as well, but not that many. I have not put any in the Elemental skills. Check out my life. Not bad huh?

cyber mouse45 said:

It’s a passive skill that increases the amount of time that you can stay in the Warewolf/ Werebear form. It also greatly increases your life.

Oh yeah! Ok, I had just fogotten about that one. Dopey me! :p

Krome said:

I have this stick with a spiked ball on the end [not a mace], I use a spiked shield as well. Should I get a two-handed weapon?

Yeah, imo morning stars aren't all that great unless it's rare. I’ve been playing D2 and D2 LOD for a long time, and I’ve yet to find a really good one. If I were you, I’d see I could find a good two-handed maul that does tons of damage and a rare or unique club/spiked club. Right now I’m using the Bonesnap Maul for the big dudes, and this little guy for everything else.

Regeneration potions, and lots of them. They heal instantly, so you can just chug one whenever your health gets down to about 1/4, and your back up to full.

u guys are truly crazy,i was only level26 when finish the fourth stage (diableII-LoD).....yeah, u bet, and i don't get killed, and i got a 30lev mec with tons of good stuff on her, and get a load of this, it cost me 20000 to revive her...

Well I was level 27 when I beat the game for the first time with my Necromancer. He's almost level 73 now. :D

Back