• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward Geforce3 ti200 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Extol

Ok, I just got this card yesterday and it is a geforce3 ti200 golden sample. Everything was running flawlessly, and I had it at oc'ed to 220 core and 520 memory, but I ram 3dmark all night at this speed without a hiccup. My games ran great at this speed all yesterday and today, and then just out of the blue when I rebooted the computer the screen goes blank and the monitor light is yellow. But heres the thing when I do reboot the keyboard lights up like it always does , and then it boots just fine I can even here the windows theme when you boot to the desktop, but the screen is blank the whole time. And now I put my old radeon back in and now the monitor works again. Is my card dead or have any of you guys with this or similar cards had this problem before. Please help.

Ps- at the time of this problem everything was at stock speed except the video card.

maybe you clocked your mem to high?

Mine is at 530 now without a prob but i have a intake 92mm 55cfm blowhole right over the card. if you have crappy case flow than that could be a prob

Put the GF3 Ti 200 back in and reboot. Hold down F5 and go into windows in the VGA Mode. Set everything back to default in the GF3 card and see if that does not fix it.
You might have a bad card, but it could have just locked up at those settings.

You might want to consider adding a fan to the side of your case to help cool the video card. My GF3 Ti200 w/ Crystal Orb on the GPU, an Airlift on the top and a 120mm 69cfm side fan is 32C idle and 40C+ in 3Dmark or intense gaming.

I don't think this card passed the test man. Better send it back. Yah, might as well test it in another comp first to be sure.
Try rebooting while holding down the control key. If it boots, then your clocked too high, although that card should be able to clock that high.

I had the same problem same card. Out of the blue my V card did the same thing.
I threw an old agp card in to test my system and it booted fine. I powered everything down, stuck the gainward back in and booted it up, and viola it worked. It just need to be removed from the computer, electricity does weird things.

Well I tried all of the suggestions above with no results. The same thing happens the screen just stays blank, and then when I put the old card in it boots right up. I guess it might be fried.

Well that sucks..
Note to self- slow down the v-card a tad.
I think mine is running 215 518 or so. Better take a look.

Well that sucks..
Note to self- slow down the v-card a tad.
I think mine is running 215 518 or so. Better take a look.

I don't think you have anything to worry about I think I just happend to recieve a dud. Although I did run 3dmark a couple of times at 250 core and 550 memory without any problems, but that was last night before I looped it at 220 core and 520 memory and decided I didnt want to push it to the limits. But thats the way it goes I guess.

Yeah I've had three of the cards and one was DOA. There's always a chance of getting a dud, just RMA it. You'll love it once you get a working one.

mines been running at 250/565 for like 5 months, no prob. Just RMA that bi0tch

-Malakai

Back