Does my site suck?

I'd like to know if I've done an acceptable job updating my school's SAACS (Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society) page. I accepted the responsibility of running the site (m33 == t3h w3bm4s+4r!!!!11) at the last meeting, so it's still in its nascent stages.
    Given that it's not in its final state, do you have any suggestions on how I could improve the layout?
    You can find it by typing "uo saacs" into google.com. It should be the first link.
    The google thing is so that I'm in compliance with the rules about posting my own URL. I hope the mods find it indirect enough to fit the letter and spirit of the rules.

Edit: you could also try the www button below.
    Last edited by Christoph; 05-30-02 at 11:11 AM.
    FoldSig | Heatware | Alt OS FAQWiki | JAPH | ADO

"Coming onto the forums after you've had a concussion is prolly not a good idea, but I'm doin' it anyways!"
    -dark_15

10 Year Badge
    nothing wrong with it by any means ideamagnate.. very basic but nothing wrong with that too.. about how far do you think you are on it %age wise?
    Intel i7-2600k
    ASUS P8P67 Pro
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X 8GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Corsair HX750 750w
    OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
    Cooler Master CM 690 II
    Logitech G710+ & G9x
    Dell U2713HM

10 Year Badge
    oh and you'd better not let a mod see you with that avatar
    Intel i7-2600k
    ASUS P8P67 Pro
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X 8GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Corsair HX750 750w
    OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
    Cooler Master CM 690 II
    Logitech G710+ & G9x
    Dell U2713HM

It looks good!

My only suggestion would be to enclose the entire page into a single table of a fixed width - say 620 pixels. This will allow you to control how the browser preceisely renders the pages. Couldn't find any problems, all the links seem to work....

BTW, have a look at my B.S. alma matters SAACS page - http://www.csuchico.edu/saacs/ They use frames though, which I Hate....

Welcome to the wonderful world of chem! Going to grad school? What specialty?

Originally posted by Fink
    It looks good!

My only suggestion would be to enclose the entire page into a single table of a fixed width - say 620 pixels. This will allow you to control how the browser preceisely renders the pages. Couldn't find any problems, all the links seem to work....

BTW, have a look at my B.S. alma matters SAACS page - http://www.csuchico.edu/saacs/ They use frames though, which I Hate....

Welcome to the wonderful world of chem! Going to grad school? What specialty?
    I'm just a frosh right now, so it's too early to tell.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't like how the centered text looked off-center compared to the rest of the text.

"Coming onto the forums after you've had a concussion is prolly not a good idea, but I'm doin' it anyways!"
    -dark_15

I don't think posting the link would have been frowned on by any of the mods. They just don't want people to advertise, this is different because you are asking for advice and help.

One word: black backgrounds. Whoops I meant two words.

Originally posted by Matthew1001
    I don't think posting the link would have been frowned on by any of the mods. They just don't want people to advertise, this is different because you are asking for advice and help.

One word: black backgrounds. Whoops I meant two words.
    I PMed Maddman before I posted and he said that I coudn't post the URL. He suggested that I PM any interested members, but I figured that most people would be too lazy to bother.
    My post hasn't been edited, so I guess it's passed their test.

-dark_15

No offense, but I think I like the old site better than the new site....

My .02.

BL
    Heatware = dukeblue (62-0-1)

Forgiven

Originally posted by blakeloring
    No offense, but I think I like the old site better than the new site....

My .02.

BL
    I'm not offended, but could you tell me why you think that? I'd like to know how I could improve it.

-dark_15

that site looks nice, especially if you are a n00b webmonster. keep up the good work IdeaMagnate.
    "It's amazing what can be done with telephones and faxes..."
    George W. Bush

Originally posted by IdeaMagnate

I PMed Maddman before I posted and he said that I coudn't post the URL. He suggested that I PM any interested members, but I figured that most people would be too lazy to bother.
    My post hasn't been edited, so I guess it's passed their test.
    You can always enter it as the Home page in your user settings then tell people to click the WWW button below your post. That is what it is there for
    Hello:sn:

Originally posted by kendan

You can always enter it as the Home page in your user settings then tell people to click the WWW button below your post. That is what it is there for
    I was hoping that nobody would say that. I thought of it after the current post had been up a while. No reason not to add it to my profile.

-dark_15

I hate Chemists.