Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida

    any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    I know a lot of poeple are folding with the ECS K7S5A well i did a vmod on my ak12a and found out they use the same voltage regulator(KA7500A). I posted the mod in the thread -= Get Your Volt Mods Here! =-

  2. #2

    Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    Originally posted by res0r9lm
    I know a lot of poeple are folding with the ECS K7S5A well i did a vmod on my ak12a and found out they use the same voltage regulator(KA7500A). I posted the mod in the thread -= Get Your Volt Mods Here! =-
    Thanks res! Since I have both of those boards, I'll have to take a look. But, what good did the vmod do? You can't increase the fsb or the multiplier.
    Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal;
    Dust thou art, to dust returneth, Was not spoken of the soul.

    Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;

    Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.

    Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
    Still archieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  3. #3
    Senior Member funnyperson1's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Northern VA

    Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    Originally posted by NedClocker

    Thanks res! Since I have both of those boards, I'll have to take a look. But, what good did the vmod do? You can't increase the fsb or the multiplier.
    there is a special bios which allows the ECS K7s5a to be oced via fsb...

    "Strong with the fold this boy is, fold you must"-NASSoccer
    its a shame you cant ban people for being ignorant fanboys....
    My Heatware
    [Gigabyte MA790X-UDP4][PHII 940BE][Thermalright Ultra90][2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC][Palit HD4850][Enhance 5150GH][Windows 7,Ubuntu 12.04]

  4. #4
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida

    Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    Originally posted by NedClocker

    Thanks res! Since I have both of those boards, I'll have to take a look. But, what good did the vmod do? You can't increase the fsb or the multiplier.
    I am using cpufsb with it I can raise my fsb up to 166. right now I am running 150fsb I need to get a small resistor to increase vcore more or probly get a potenimeter so I will be able to adjust with just a twist of a knob. my next step up is 10.5*155 that should get me 1627 if the ram can handle it.

    update: now running @ 1627 so far it seem stable @ 1.86 I can't believe the ram can run that fast considering it is made by xerox.
    Last edited by res0r9lm; 05-27-02 at 10:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida
    ok need to raise vcore higher than 1.86 to get 1627 completely stable 1.90 should do it. I'm going to radio shack today after work and get a 100k potenimeter. oh by the way to raise fsb up I'm using cpufsb verison 2.2.6

  6. #6

    Re: Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    Originally posted by funnyperson1


    there is a special bios which allows the ECS K7s5a to be oced via fsb...
    ok, thanks, funnyperson. I've got that on 2 of my K7S5A machines. Need to take time to put it on the 3 new ones.

    I was thinking of the AK12a that res mentioned.
    I have one of those, too. On that board, hopping up the voltage is not the problem; I can do that on the bridges really easily.

    But, on that board, there is no way to increase the fsb or the multiplier. I hadn't thought about using cpufsb.
    Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal;
    Dust thou art, to dust returneth, Was not spoken of the soul.

    Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;

    Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.

    Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
    Still archieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  7. #7
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida

    Re: Re: Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    Originally posted by NedClocker

    ok, thanks, funnyperson. I've got that on 2 of my K7S5A machines. Need to take time to put it on the 3 new ones.

    I was thinking of the AK12a that res mentioned.
    I have one of those, too. On that board, hopping up the voltage is not the problem; I can do that on the bridges really easily.

    But, on that board, there is no way to increase the fsb or the multiplier. I hadn't thought about using cpufsb.
    you won't be able to get past 1.85 using bridges.

  8. #8
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida
    ned how accurate is the ak12a on temps. @1627 raised my vcore up to 1.92 w/ hsf swifty mc 462 and now I'm getting 44c while folding and when I had it in my ak31 it was @1654 w/ vcore of 1.95 and only 42c w/ swifty mcxc 370. atleast I'm stable now.

  9. #9

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

    Originally posted by res0r9lm


    you won't be able to get past 1.85 using bridges.
    Oh, ok, I didn't think about that.
    Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal;
    Dust thou art, to dust returneth, Was not spoken of the soul.

    Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;

    Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.

    Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
    Still archieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  10. #10
    Originally posted by res0r9lm
    ned how accurate is the ak12a on temps. @1627 raised my vcore up to 1.92 w/ hsf swifty mc 462 and now I'm getting 44c while folding and when I had it in my ak31 it was @1654 w/ vcore of 1.95 and only 42c w/ swifty mcxc 370. atleast I'm stable now.
    It always seemes to run a little higher than my epox.

    The k7s5a definitely reads higher.
    Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal;
    Dust thou art, to dust returneth, Was not spoken of the soul.

    Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;

    Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.

    Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
    Still archieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  11. #11
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida
    Originally posted by NedClocker

    It always seemes to run a little higher than my epox.

    The k7s5a definitely reads higher.
    thats what I thought. still getting unstablity after a few hours I know it's not the cpu. it's eithier chipset or ram can't handle 155 fsb. I'm thinking it's the chipset.

  12. #12
    Originally posted by res0r9lm


    thats what I thought. still getting unstablity after a few hours I know it's not the cpu. it's eithier chipset or ram can't handle 155 fsb. I'm thinking it's the chipset.
    probably so. ram should be handling it. is it pc133?
    Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal;
    Dust thou art, to dust returneth, Was not spoken of the soul.

    Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;

    Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.

    Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
    Still archieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  13. #13
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    florida
    Originally posted by NedClocker

    probably so. ram should be handling it. is it pc133?
    yea it's xerox pc133 just never heard of anybody using that brand

  14. #14
    Originally posted by res0r9lm


    yea it's xerox pc133 just never heard of anybody using that brand
    Me either. It's probably made by some other company and then xerox sticks it's name on it.
    Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal;
    Dust thou art, to dust returneth, Was not spoken of the soul.

    Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;

    Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.

    Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
    Still archieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •