• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
res0r9lm said:
I know a lot of poeple are folding with the ECS K7S5A well i did a vmod on my ak12a and found out they use the same voltage regulator(KA7500A). I posted the mod in the thread -= Get Your Volt Mods Here! =-
Thanks res! Since I have both of those boards, I'll have to take a look. But, what good did the vmod do? You can't increase the fsb or the multiplier.

Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

NedClocker said:

Thanks res! Since I have both of those boards, I'll have to take a look. But, what good did the vmod do? You can't increase the fsb or the multiplier.

there is a special bios which allows the ECS K7s5a to be oced via fsb...

Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

NedClocker said:

I am using cpufsb with it I can raise my fsb up to 166. right now I am running 150fsb I need to get a small resistor to increase vcore more or probly get a potenimeter so I will be able to adjust with just a twist of a knob. my next step up is 10.5*155 that should get me 1627 if the ram can handle it.

update: now running @ 1627 so far it seem stable @ 1.86 I can't believe the ram can run that fast considering it is made by xerox.

Last edited:
ok need to raise vcore higher than 1.86 to get 1627 completely stable 1.90 should do it. I'm going to radio shack today after work and get a 100k potenimeter. oh by the way to raise fsb up I'm using cpufsb verison 2.2.6

Re: Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

funnyperson1 said:

there is a special bios which allows the ECS K7s5a to be oced via fsb...
ok, thanks, funnyperson. I've got that on 2 of my K7S5A machines. Need to take time to put it on the 3 new ones.

I was thinking of the AK12a that res mentioned.
I have one of those, too. On that board, hopping up the voltage is not the problem; I can do that on the bridges really easily.

But, on that board, there is no way to increase the fsb or the multiplier. I hadn't thought about using cpufsb.

Re: Re: Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

NedClocker said:

ok, thanks, funnyperson. I've got that on 2 of my K7S5A machines. Need to take time to put it on the 3 new ones.

I was thinking of the AK12a that res mentioned.
I have one of those, too. On that board, hopping up the voltage is not the problem; I can do that on the bridges really easily.

But, on that board, there is no way to increase the fsb or the multiplier. I hadn't thought about using cpufsb.

you won't be able to get past 1.85 using bridges.

ned how accurate is the ak12a on temps. @1627 raised my vcore up to 1.92 w/ hsf swifty mc 462 and now I'm getting 44c while folding and when I had it in my ak31 it was @1654 w/ vcore of 1.95 and only 42c w/ swifty mcxc 370. atleast I'm stable now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any folders looking for a vmod for ECS K7S5A

res0r9lm said:

you won't be able to get past 1.85 using bridges.
Oh, ok, I didn't think about that.

res0r9lm said:
ned how accurate is the ak12a on temps. @1627 raised my vcore up to 1.92 w/ hsf swifty mc 462 and now I'm getting 44c while folding and when I had it in my ak31 it was @1654 w/ vcore of 1.95 and only 42c w/ swifty mcxc 370. atleast I'm stable now.
It always seemes to run a little higher than my epox.

The k7s5a definitely reads higher.

NedClocker said:

It always seemes to run a little higher than my epox.

The k7s5a definitely reads higher.

thats what I thought. still getting unstablity after a few hours I know it's not the cpu. it's eithier chipset or ram can't handle 155 fsb. I'm thinking it's the chipset.

res0r9lm said:

thats what I thought. still getting unstablity after a few hours I know it's not the cpu. it's eithier chipset or ram can't handle 155 fsb. I'm thinking it's the chipset.
probably so. ram should be handling it. is it pc133?

res0r9lm said:

yea it's xerox pc133 just never heard of anybody using that brand
Me either. It's probably made by some other company and then xerox sticks it's name on it.

Back