• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pvc pipe.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eab

I need to know where I can get some pvc pipe with a diameter of 12". yes 12" its for a case I am working on and I cant find any that big though I know it is made.

so if any body could point me to some dat would be nice.

also does any body know of a doam of sorts that would fit a 12 diamet pvc pipe.

home depot or any ace hardware can get it for you, if not look in the phone book for a plumbing place

PVC, you mean the white stuff? or do you want clear plastic tubing. Talk to pepsi if you are looking for clear stuff, Im sure you have already seen his giant twister...

You could look around locally where they're puting in new homes and such. It may be light green, but painting is pretty easy.
Just stop in around lunch break and ask the foreman really nicely, he'll probably let you have it for nothin'. There may also be shorter pieces sitting by the scrap heap, that you can "relieve" them of during the off-shift (after dark) hours ;) (not that I'd recommend that sort of thing). :D

just wondering but what the hell do you need 12" pvc for???

I am trying to make a round case. also I need a doam for the top (see other tread) if it turns out the way I want and I get it done I will show it to you guys. And then I will have the coolest computer case in the world!!!!! (evil laugh right here)

Thanks and also I think I found what I need.

find a plumbing supply store. if you are anywhere near Reno try Western Nevada Supply. i work there so stop by shipping and find me (matt) lol. we carry it. in fact we cary 24 inch pvc. theres some GREAT stuff layin around that place for mods. fans like you could only dream of... all kinds of stuff. anyway. find a plumbing supply place

hey stikphysh just interested to know but do you carry an adapter that goes from like 12" down to 4 " i plan to make an intense bong cluster using 120V ac fans that are like 10" in diamater.

i believe we do. im not possitive however. i work the heating end of things. i know we make some that are made out of 26Guage sheet metal however. what exactly is a bong cluster? this could be the first time ive heard bong out side of drug reference. lol. if its a crap load of fans all blowing into the same area... you may want to reconsider... you can only fit so much air through a certain diameter... esspecially when powered by pc fans. you could get a larger fan that is encased in a round sheet metal tube that will move much more air and be VERY simple to mount to a taper. they are made out of the same size metal pipe with one end crimped to fit into the other. thats what i would do personaly.

you should just leave it a big hollow tube and have the fan blow right at the ground. then tether it to the ground and put a skirt on it, and it will be its own hovercraft. lol. ok, when i wrote that i was jokin, but ya know, its almost worth trying. lol. it would just be tight to have your computer lift off the ground when you started it up :clap:

yea what im going to do is get a realy big res like 50 gallon or so. then im going to have probably 4 towers 4' tall the water intake is going to go through a sprinkler head so that the watter gets around the outside of the 4" tube then runs down over the WYE which will extend out from 4" to 12" where there will be a 120V AC fan 10" diamater blowing down into it and im going to have a cold water refrese so that when the water gets down to a low engough level it will refill the resivior on its own with ground water. should provide a well below ambient temprature.

wow. sounds impressive. with all that water running though your gonna need to build a urinal in your room or something. sheesh. be sure to take pics while ya build it and when its finished.

WyrmMaster said:
Gona end up with a minature R2D2 there, that could be pretty cool.:D

HOW DID YOU GUSSES. except that I mentioned the idea earlery and requsted a dome and needed a tube that big and I said it would be cool.....

Do you know if this has been done before? if it has could you please point me to some sites.

I didnt see the earlier post, i just put two and two ( tube plue dome) togher and got R2. Never been done that i know of.

stikphysh do you guys carry reducers that i need???

yeah. we do. only problem is we only ship to select cities and stuff. what exactly are you looking for though? we have just about every size ever needed, or you can combine two if we dont have it, like a 12x6 taper (reducer) and a 6x4 taper or what not. also we have many different size wyes.

Back