• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer mods: What are the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sinada

I'm just wondering what, in your opinions, are the absolute bestest most usefullest (and even showiest) mods?

Personally here are the ones I like and am considering getting:
LCD Screen Display in front of case
L-Shaped (or regular window) Case Window
Cold Cathode Neon Light (Maybe 2, one on each side of window)
Water Cooling
Front 5.25'' LCD Temp display
Rounded IDE Cables
SoundBlaster Live! Audigy Platinum eX (not quite a true case mod so to speak)
Xbox inside the comp (in true tribute to Yoshi's Boxx)

The two least likely ones (for me at least) are the Xbox inside the computer, and the LCD Screen. Other then that I'm seriously considering all the other ones.

Tell me what you think are the best and most useful mods that look / perform the best and you either have or would kill to have in your comp. If you can't post it here email me the link @ [email protected] .

Thanks in advance!

Sinada said:
I'm just wondering what, in your opinions, are the absolute bestest most usefullest (and even showiest) mods?

Personally here are the ones I like and am considering getting:
LCD Screen Display in front of case
L-Shaped (or regular window) Case Window
Cold Cathode Neon Light (Maybe 2, one on each side of window)
Water Cooling
Front 5.25'' LCD Temp display
Rounded IDE Cables
SoundBlaster Live! Audigy Platinum eX (not quite a true case mod so to speak)
Xbox inside the comp (in true tribute to Yoshi's Boxx)

The two least likely ones (for me at least) are the Xbox inside the computer, and the LCD Screen. Other then that I'm seriously considering all the other ones.

Tell me what you think are the best and most useful mods that look / perform the best and you either have or would kill to have in your comp. If you can't post it here email me the link @ [email protected] .

Thanks in advance!

Woah, hope you got $$$ all thats gunna add up:D

I have an Audigy Platnum eX and it Kicks butt.
LCD screens are pretty cool, but they work better with some cases than others, What case do you have.

If you get a window you should get a light, thats what everyone keeps telling me. I havent gotten around to getting one yet, I think Ill pick up a neon soon as I get my watercooling into my case later in the week.

Water cooling will probably be the most functional mod, and looks super cool.

Rounded IDE cables are cool too, You can make them yourself, or buy them in various colors.

There are lots of things you can to to mod your case, take a look in the Case Mod gallery (its a stick in the Alternative modding section) and you may get some Ideas.

Pick a color scheme. Many people here like blue (for leds and stuff) but many prefere different because truthfully blue is very overrated (eventhough thats what I like) pick what you like.

Check out www.virtual-hideout.net for some cool modding ideas.

I'll probably be getting a Lian-Li 68 with a case window, a cold cathode neon light, a mirror on the bottom, painting the front of the drives all silver to match the case...

Am I the only person who DIDN'T like Yoshi's Boxx? It was too amalgamous and ungraceful in my opinion. That thing must overheat like mad...

I am a retro-gamer, but in my opinion if you want to play old console games just use an emulator. Those catridges suck!

And the stand-alone console mods are way more 1337 than smushing them into a Lian-Li.

I dont like the Screen Savers either.

The HD mod is VERY cool, however I'd be scared to do this; you can easy put $60+ down the drain. :eh?: And, I don't like the idea of mounting the HD's on the window. The CD window is really cool, because if you have a window on the top, you can see through it on the top,

Call me old school but mods should improve performance. Watercooling, proper attention to airflow, LM317T fan busses, temperature monitors are what I would call best. Neon, RF leaky windows that cause local garage door openers to malfunction, Bugs Bunny graphics, etc. seem like a waste of time and money.

it's all good

Hardrive modding is i think a great educational mod for those who don't know how a harddrive works. Besides it looks really sweet.
i try not to do too much of these but if im waiting for a part, i keep myself busy:D this way

I just want to say that the hard drive window mod looks really good!! although i wont attempt it, not yet anyways!

Back