• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD-Rom Drive Brand Names???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Staz

My CD-Rom is dying. It refuses to read some disc and get errors reading others. I can use the disc in another system on my network and access and read from it fine. So I know it is the drive that is going bad. I need to replace it. 52x and 56x CD-Roms are all within a coulpe dollars of each other so cost is not a factor. Out of the following drive which do you find to be a quality drive, which can take high FSB better, and which is quietest.

LG (GOLDSTAR) 52X IDE INTERNAL CD-ROM, MODEL# GCR-8521B
Samsung SC152LEB 52X CD-ROM
Artec 56x IDE CDROM Model 94E-0034
Lite On 52x Cd Rom - Model LTN-526
CYBERDRIVE 56X MAX EIDE INTERNAL CD-ROM DRIVE
AOPEN CD-952E 52x CDROM
ASUS CD-S520 CD-ROM DRIVE

Thnx

LG, Lite On, and Asus are probably the three best bets of those. Don't know specifically about handling it, but those are the three best brands in the group.

Just to let everyone know, I went with the ASUS. I don't know how well it handles high FSB because my NIC limits me to 106. But I can tell you that it is extremely quiet. Wait a min. Let me rephase that. It is extremely quiet. I can't hear it over the case fans.

Back