• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not original, but worth a shot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoMoses

In response to Rage3D including FAH with their Radeon tweak utility, why don't we offer something similar? A simple .zip file on the overclockers.com FAH page that contained the client and a ready made config file would work fine.

Also, if any of you have websites that people download tweaking files or anything from regularly, we could do the same thing that Rage is doing. Honestly, they had a good idea, and just beat us to the punch.

NeoMoses said:
In response to Rage3D including FAH with their Radeon tweak utility, why don't we offer something similar? A simple .zip file on the overclockers.com FAH page that contained the client and a ready made config file would work fine.

Also, if any of you have websites that people download tweaking files or anything from regularly, we could do the same thing that Rage is doing. Honestly, they had a good idea, and just beat us to the punch.

Sumwun give dat man a seeeegar!

That's a great idea. In this respect, if we can't beat 'em, join them. (in only this respect...LOL) ;)

B.

NeoMoses said:

What you are proposing is a good idea but you can not compare it to Rages tweak utility. Their tweak utility is an established utility that now has a simple interface for F@H. This module is all that is needed with no input from the user. All the points go to a username and team already inputed into the config. The ready made config would work for a zip file for OC3D or similar meta username teams, but I feel that there should be an option to input your name and team number. I personally feel that Rage is a little too self centered when it comes to their new module in their tweak utility. Imagine if weatherman or den forced you onto there respective teams by using their programs. :eek: (I know you can still change the info in the config but it is another step.) Fold on!!!!!!

i got a ? about that tweak and the F@H proggy they got in it.

ok now it is my understanding that you need to down load the F@H client for each processor you use.

how does rage get past this?

i mean it is 1 program that they down load with the folding@home client in it. now if they put 1 version of the folding @Home client in the tweak and all these people down load it.
wouldnt it be that all those who do use the client on the tweak are using the same id #?

please correct me if im wrong on this.

BamBamXK said:
i got a ? about that tweak and the F@H proggy they got in it.

ok now it is my understanding that you need to down load the F@H client for each processor you use.

how does rage get past this?

i mean it is 1 program that they down load with the folding@home client in it. now if they put 1 version of the folding @Home client in the tweak and all these people down load it.
wouldnt it be that all those who do use the client on the tweak are using the same id #?

please correct me if im wrong on this.

If they leave the ID# out of the config it will automatically create a new individual ID#. So there should be no problem with it.

Well this is an idea that comes late in the evening :beer: but how does this sound?

Many of us are already tapped by those around us to fix broken computers. Given that, why not tap into that market and return computers to people preconfigured for team 32?

Additionally, given the minimal cost of making an up-to-date folding box from an existing machine, we could use our talents to upgrade old machines for rather less cash than the cost of a new machine.

Of course, to do this above board, we would need to get permission from people in writing but (depending on local laws) folding for team 32 could be part of the contract.

That may not bring in as many new people as the Rage3D trick but every box does help the effort...

Back