• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

beta 3 expired?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooziewhatsit

hey all, today when I was done with a wu, it wouldn't send. when I closed the console then reopened it, it "flashed" on the screen, then closed. By opening it many times, I think I read that it had expired.

Does anyone know if the console v3.0 expires? anyways, I'm running 2.19 now, and it seems to be working.

I also tried to re d/l but I couldn't find it on stanfords beta page...

fold on!

Last edited:
I'm running the linux client 3.0 no problem here. Although i seemed to have a slight snag with server 112. Didn't notice it until i looked back through the log. It had tried 7 times to connect to 112 on port 8080, the norm, then it just kind of threw down the gloves and went after port 80. on server 116. So it looks like the do have the port 80 system up and running.

Not only that, but got me a new protien too. PolyQ50 Running at about 5m 18s per frame, 100 frames. On 1Ghz Tbird.

i am also running beta3 and just got done with an "A" and it sent it back when it was done. so, it appears to be working for me

NASsoccer said:
i am also running beta3 and just got done with an "A" and it sent it back when it was done. so, it appears to be working for me

Yea, I have a couple other boxes running the same version, without a problem yet. I'll see what happens when they go to send their wu.

My BETA also stopped working this morning after I rebooted the system.

I downloaded the latest BETA and pasted it into the F@H directory and it works fine.

All my machines were stopped. Could not restart the old BETA.

IT was FAH3console the new one is FAHConsole-beta3.

Works fine at the moment.

EDIT: Just rebooted and it runs as a service under win2k and no problems.

beta

Mine stopped on my main rig, but the others are still going. Will see what they do when they finish their WU's.

I just downloaded the Beta3 client on one of my boxes to test. It plainly states that the Beta3 will expire on the 10th (1 week from now). I wonder if this is so Stanford can keep improving it and know that they have the most current version always out there?

My $0.02

About an hour after I posted I got he same results as hoozie, it would pop up and disappear. When I launched it with EMIII it shows a ProteinA at work on the 22nd frame. It gets to 100% then nothing. It stops and never gets to the 23rd. What a waste of a protein A:mad: I stopped using FAH3 and started using FAH2 again

I just downloaded beta3 today, as beta1 expired today. I am back up and folding :D

I have had nothing but p127_ww* for the past few days for some reason :(

David

WU's

I've had nothing but P127's, BBA5's, and PloyQ50's for the last 2 weeks!!! Seems like since beta's of v3.0 started showing up....

I switched back to 2.19 'cuz I lost a good 1/2 a day on my XP rig and several hours on my other rigs due to beta's of v3.0

mine is still running but was using hide it and now I can't get screen to reappear b/c it is no longer on list.

Back