• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sof 2 & Xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

armatage

I have installed SOF2 on XP and the game judders when I fire any weapon and it is very bad when I use a machine gun. The same problem happens no matter what settings I set the game to. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I have all the latest downloaded drivers and have flashed the latest bios and temps are ok. My pc runs Jedi K 2 and MOH very well and very smoothly.

I found it very choppy as well. I did have everything maxed out as I won't play a game if I can't turn all the goodies on. Still didn't like the graphics or the play control.

I only played it about 30 minutes. Hated every minute of it...worst purchase I ever made and wish I could take it back. Oh well, guess it'll find a nice home in a desk drawer.

Played VERY smooth on my system. It's 98SE though. The graphics were very nice.
I have the same problem you have when playing IL 2 Sturmovick (WW2 flight simulator) The stuttoring occurs when shooting or when an aircraft makes impact with the ground. Tried EVERYTHING. Oh well.

Asus A7M266/XP1900+
512Mb Crucial 2-2-2
G3 Ti/550
Maxtor D740X 60gig
SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

Originally posted by Despotes ]Played VERY smooth on my system. It's 98SE though. The graphics were very nice.
I have the same problem you have when playing IL 2 Sturmovick (WW2 flight simulator) The stuttoring occurs when shooting or when an aircraft makes impact with the ground. Tried EVERYTHING. Oh well.

I see from other forums that there are lots of people with this problem. I can use the random mission picker with no problems, its just the single player.

I do get random issues with the Random Mission selector. Incredibly low framerates one time. About 2 fps. Had to exit the game and restart. No problems at all w/ the single player. Maybe a forthcoming patch will alleviate the problem.
Try experimenting with a bunch of different drivers. I'm using the 27.50's

I run SOF II perfect in (XP) 1024x768...
Celeron 900@1242 and on a messly G2 MX (core220/mem210)...
512MB of RAM, think that helps

But i also have a friend with an Athlon XP, Geforce 2 that cant play it for some reason...

This game seems to hate some computers for some reason....

What det drivers are you all using?
28.35 here

Hold tight, a patch will surely come along, I had to wait 2 months till they got Tribes 2 patched enough so it would work on my rig...hang tight..in the meantime I am steering clear of SOF2 till it gets better.the demo was choppy as hell. Thanks for the heads up:)

I have found a solution!!!!!

Use the cheats to jump to the second map. I have done this and running at 1280 x 1024 and the game is running very smoothly.

Level cheats are: -

Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (PC) Single Player Cheats

Activate the cheats:
Bring down the console (default: SHIFT + ~) and type "sv_cheats 1" (minus the quotes/it is case sensitive) and press ENTER. You can also type devmap to load a specific map and have the cheats enabled once the map loads. sv_cheats 1 is write protected in the regular single player game. You need to load a map first using the map or devmap command. So you would type map pra1 or devmap pra1 at the console and hit enter. When the map loads, use sv_cheats 1 and hit enter to enable the cheats.

Unlock All Levels
Bring down the console and type "raven 1". All levels can now be selected from the menu.

Other codes
Code: Result:
god enables the God mode
give XYZ give item XYZ
give all give all items
notarget invisibility
noclip no clipping mode
pinkspider infinite power
cmdlist list all commands
map XYZ start map XYZ (see list with mapnames)

Map Names: (type without .bsp, for example: \"map air1\")
air1.bsp
air2.bsp
air3.bsp
air4.bsp
arm1.bsp
arm2.bsp
cem1.bsp
col1.bsp
col10.bsp
col2.bsp
col3.bsp
col4.bsp
col6.bsp
col7.bsp
col8.bsp
col9.bsp
finca1.bsp
finca2.bsp
finca3.bsp
finca4.bsp
hk1.bsp
hk2.bsp
hk3.bsp
hk4.bsp
hk5.bsp
hk6.bsp
hk7.bsp
hos1.bsp
hos2.bsp
hos3.bsp
hos4.bsp
kam1.bsp
kam10.bsp
kam11.bsp
kam12.bsp
kam2.bsp
kam3.bsp
kam4.bsp
kam5.bsp
kam6.bsp
kam7.bsp
kam8.bsp
kam9.bsp
liner1.bsp
liner2.bsp
liner3.bsp
pra1.bsp
pra2.bsp
pra3.bsp
pra4.bsp
pra5.bsp
pra6.bsp
shop1.bsp
shop2.bsp
shop3.bsp
shop4.bsp
shop5.bsp
shop6.bsp
shop7.bsp
shop8.bsp
tut1.bsp
/arioche/small

Runs Smooth as silkes

Runing on SoF2 on my system (se below) and there is no problem so ever.
Also tryed Mobile Forces in multiplayer but got a little lag there.

Im using WinXp Home Edition.

I had the same problem and i resolved it by turning off my firewall. If you are using Zone Alarm or sygate or if you're just using the crappy version of microsofts firewall turn them off or shut them down before playing online sof. it blocks just enough of the udp packets so u get lag when you're shooting. Works great for me now. If this works send me a private message would like to know if it worked for u guys.

Back