Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
    Helpful Senior Member Captain Slug's Avatar

Cool I AM 1337! (great pics)

It's almost done, I'm working on the lighting and the external power supply will be here this week. It only weighs 10 pounds and it's outer dimensions are 12 x 10 x 6.

I used screws instead of glue so I can change any of the individual panels when I upgrade. In a few more weeks it will have a matching 1337 LCD monitor.

I RULE

||[ Oni is a bot! ]-[ My Heatware]-[ In the event of an emergency, the nearest senior member may be used as a floatation device. ]||

Nice! Keep it coming!
    Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Hehehe, I'll have the lighting done this afternoon and I'll add more pics by tonight. I LOVE THIS!
    I've only been planning it for the past 4 months...

I'll also have a tutorial available soon.
    Last edited by Captain Slug; 06-04-02 at 08:47 AM.
    ||[ Oni is a bot! ]-[ My Heatware]-[ In the event of an emergency, the nearest senior member may be used as a floatation device. ]||

Insane Overclocking Clown Krusty's Avatar
    I've got a recommendation to make it all look a bit cleaner and prettier. Paint the motberboard rack. It appears that that's the only thing that looks too normal.

I love the rest of it! Is that a laptop cd rom in there?
    There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Countersunk allen bolts would look sweet.....but the rest of it looks great....

What about chroming, or nickel plating the mobo rack? Nickel plating is relatively cheap
    His:.................................Hers:
    A64 3500+@2400...............XP2700@2538mhz
    A8N SLI Deluxe..................A7N8X Deluxe
    Stock cooling....................Water Cooled
    2x1gig Corsair DDR500.........2x512 PC3500
    1TB of space, 6 drives........2x 80 gig WD SE (raid 0)
    2xMSI 6600GT SLI..............300GB Maxtor 16MB
    Lian-Li v2000B...................Radeon 9700 Pro

Heatware

Thats a nice job, and the perfect candidate for the HDD mod!!!...DO IT, DO IT!! ....the HDD mod would look sweet in there!

great job

Thanks guys!
    These pics are of the final test-assembly to make sure everything fits. Next comes the real trick-out stuff.
    I haven't gotten around to painting the motherboard tray because I delayed it until knew it was cut down to the right size. I had another one which I already painted black. But, I found this one worked better and took up less space. I will be reassembling it when the lighting is added, at which time I'll paint the tray.

Since I'm using a laptop hard drive (which has a breathing hole on-top) I am NOT going to be adding a HDD window. Once the lighting pics are taken you'll see why I don't need one anyways...

I'm too cheap to buy EL cable so all of the lighting will be from an 8,000mcd blue LED with a softener lens.

This whole tiny PC (so far) cost $200.
    Last edited by Captain Slug; 06-04-02 at 01:13 PM.

Great job Slugo!!!

And for only 200 dollars? Fantastic!!

sweet

That is so cool.
    can't wait for the tutorial!

awsome!! I like the laptop cd-rom (same as me). If you ever was to do a HDD mod some people will tell you it's EXTREMLY dangerous. It might be, but from my experience i had the cover off for at least 5 or 6 minutes in a room that wasn't that clean and it worked fine when I put the top back on.

Oh yea and thanks for the sponge bob avatars i'll have to use the fighting one :-D

Registered
    http://www.action-electronics.com/jtsw.htm

Pick you some of this, they have black 10ft lenghts at Radio Shack which are perfect for those wires.

Sweet lan rig- hows the powersupply going to fit?
    Spyder

Registered
    the external power supply will be here this week

I just bought some heatshrink to put on all the power cables. The external power supply is pretty tiny and will be in-line with the power cord.

I should have more pics on saturday, IF I can find the resistor I need for the lighting before then.

What's that image on the side in the last picture?

That's an album cover from the soundtrack of my favorite anime title (Patlabor).

so whats between the HDD and the ide cable?

In order to be used with regular IDE cables, laptop hard drives require a 44-to-40 pin IDE adapter which supplies power to the drive and adapts the cable standard.

Laptop CD-ROMs require a different type of adapter.

I bought my IDE adapter at a local computer store, the CD-ROM adapter was ordered from baber.com

Cyber Cheesiest Senior cyber mouse45's Avatar
    Very nice!

Hey, are you going to go with water cooling???
    Rank by: Shadow рс

My Heatware

I'd go with water cooling if I didn't have such a desire to have mobile computers. Water is much heavier than Air

Both of my computers were made to be moved in one trip. My main Computer can be slung over my shoulder while my arms carry the monitor. My second PC will be able to be carried with one hand, and the monitor (once finished) will be slung over my shoulder.

Plus, water cooling is too expensive for a cheap-skate like me.

P.S. Aaaaaaah crap, nobody in town has a wide enough selection of electronics parts. My case lighting will be waiting for completion until the order arrives. Atleast that gives me some time to get the tutorial finished...
    Last edited by Captain Slug; 06-06-02 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast