• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I AM 1337 (12 x 10 x 6 Plexi Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
I AM 1337! (great pics)

It's almost done, I'm working on the lighting and the external power supply will be here this week. It only weighs 10 pounds and it's outer dimensions are 12 x 10 x 6.

I used screws instead of glue so I can change any of the individual panels when I upgrade. In a few more weeks it will have a matching 1337 LCD monitor.

I RULE

Dcp_1758.jpg

Dcp_1761.jpg

Dcp_1762.jpg

Dcp_1765.jpg

Dcp_1766.jpg

Hehehe, I'll have the lighting done this afternoon and I'll add more pics by tonight. I LOVE THIS! :clap:
I've only been planning it for the past 4 months...

I'll also have a tutorial available soon.

Last edited:
I've got a recommendation to make it all look a bit cleaner and prettier. Paint the motberboard rack. It appears that that's the only thing that looks too normal.

I love the rest of it! Is that a laptop cd rom in there?

Thanks guys!
These pics are of the final test-assembly to make sure everything fits. Next comes the real trick-out stuff.
I haven't gotten around to painting the motherboard tray because I delayed it until knew it was cut down to the right size. I had another one which I already painted black. But, I found this one worked better and took up less space. I will be reassembling it when the lighting is added, at which time I'll paint the tray.

Since I'm using a laptop hard drive (which has a breathing hole on-top) I am NOT going to be adding a HDD window. Once the lighting pics are taken you'll see why I don't need one anyways...

I'm too cheap to buy EL cable so all of the lighting will be from an 8,000mcd blue LED with a softener lens.

This whole tiny PC (so far) cost $200.

Last edited:
awsome!! I like the laptop cd-rom (same as me). If you ever was to do a HDD mod some people will tell you it's EXTREMLY dangerous. It might be, but from my experience i had the cover off for at least 5 or 6 minutes in a room that wasn't that clean and it worked fine when I put the top back on.

Oh yea and thanks for the sponge bob avatars i'll have to use the fighting one :-D

I just bought some heatshrink to put on all the power cables. The external power supply is pretty tiny and will be in-line with the power cord.

I should have more pics on saturday, IF I can find the resistor I need for the lighting before then.

In order to be used with regular IDE cables, laptop hard drives require a 44-to-40 pin IDE adapter which supplies power to the drive and adapts the cable standard.

Laptop CD-ROMs require a different type of adapter.

I bought my IDE adapter at a local computer store, the CD-ROM adapter was ordered from baber.com

I'd go with water cooling if I didn't have such a desire to have mobile computers. Water is much heavier than Air ;)

Both of my computers were made to be moved in one trip. My main Computer can be slung over my shoulder while my arms carry the monitor. My second PC will be able to be carried with one hand, and the monitor (once finished) will be slung over my shoulder.

Plus, water cooling is too expensive for a cheap-skate like me. :)

P.S. Aaaaaaah crap, nobody in town has a wide enough selection of electronics parts. My case lighting will be waiting for completion until the order arrives. Atleast that gives me some time to get the tutorial finished...

Last edited:
Back