• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DonP

Registered
Does anyone know how to change the BIOS so that you can manipulate the AGP multiplier?

I specifically want to do it for a KK266 but I would like to learn how to do it to other motherboards as well.

My good 'ol BX running with a FSB of 150 and an AGP of 100 is smoking my KK266 with a FSB of 153 and a AGP of 76.5. If I could change the AGP multiplier of the KK266 from 1/2 to 2/3 it should kick ***.

Thanks,

Don

Unfortunatly most multiplyers, PCI and AGP anyway, are locked and will only change automatically at preset FSB spepds. Some of the new boards let you change the RAM multiplier, but i havent heard of any board that lets you change the AGP or PCI divisors

My Abit BE6-II rev 2 lets you specify the AGP divider in the BIOS. I was thinking there might be a way to hack the BIOS of other boards so that you could override the preset changes.

Back