• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which To Pick.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OVRCLK

This is my first post/day on the forum. What I am planning on doing is getting a lian-li PC-75 with water cooling and a corosive pump.

What I am not certain of yet is if i should go with AMD or P4? Also what i want to know is which one can be overclocked more, and stay stable at the same time. From what ive read all over the internet with the watercooling i have i should be able to take a 2.0 and make it close to 3 ghz. Il be running 1/2 tubing pumping 2200 litters an hour. I dont know what solotion i should use either. Ive read something about 70% water wetter and 30% antifreeze. What is the best solution to run threw my pipes?

Lots of Replies Would Be Nice!!!
:) Thanks guys

Last edited:
4GHz is not going to happen with water cooling.
3GHz from an Intel CPU with ALOT of luck CAN happen.

I really sugest that you do a quick search through the forums and alot of the answer you hvae will clear up very fast.

ok now that i know 3 ghz is posible and not 4, someone please answer the other questions?

i say AMD ALL THE WAY! they are faster and better in many ways, they just dont have the massive mhz, they have pr ratings....

and what did you say about corosive pump, that didnt really make sence, but if you have metals that dont like eachother you can use waterwetter

And avoid the antifreeze ... it lowers the heat transfer to water big time ..
Water wetter increases the heat transfer and keeps all the little critters from growin' :D

AMD all the way. Sure you could overclock your P4 cpu by 800mhz or maybe a little more but the performance gain you see is very small, maybe 10-15%. Athlon XPs are cheaper and they are faster. With a good stepping you may get upto 300-400mhz.

The Corosive pump will pump anything threw it. ANYTHING! Im going to be running 4 water blocks threwout my system all with 1/2 fittings. (water ram block, motherboard block, g4 block, and cpu block) What solution should i put threw my pipes?

hmm

Welcome to the Forums BTW!!!

But in all honesty alot of info is already here and you are replicating linx

As for water wetter hmm try 1 oz per quart it recommends it on the website but you can try more or less im not 100% sure personally dont use it at all at the mo as im getting used to my bacto friends!

Also I personally favour AMD allthough an P4 will clock up more in general and run alot cooler! an AMD system is on the whole cheaper and works harder for your cash it may be slower in MHz but its faster in real workings!! PR ratings are pretty spot on!!.

Hmm and what is a corrosive pump (does it slowly dissolve itself in layer after layer of rust???) LOL.

Corosive pump means i can pump like liquid nitrogene thre if i wanted... I want to hardcore overclock i dunno if waterwetter is what im looking for? What would be cooler? 1/3methane 2/3 water? i dunno?

And do ge3 water blocks fit on ge4's?

the liquid itself wont make the temps go way down or anything.... it take something like a chiller for the temps to go down...

OVRCLK said:
(water ram block, motherboard block, g4 block, and cpu block) What solution should i put threw my pipes?

I reallly see no point to water cool your ram.....

Like others posted before, search through the forums, I smell alotta misconceptions...

O yeah AMD rulezz all the WAY!!!!!!

maskedgeek said:
rnpgrosz, ygpm, your mailbox is full empty it
Ok, I emptied it. At first I didn't see any messages but then I realized it was set to last 5 days. Anyway it's emptied now.

Back