• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech 478 P4 Installation Query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Insomniak

Registered
Where do you install the washers as it does not say on the instruction sheet or web site?
I installed mine under the standoffs but i think it is wrong as I am getting higher temps than the retail fan.
Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks for that but unfortunatley it does not show you where to install the washers.
Are they really needed?

Look on Page Two

On Page 2 of the guide Sam pointed to it clearly shows the use of washers on either end of the springs. Are these the washers you are referring to?

SkyHook

Sorry I should have mentioned this but I mean the 4No black fiber washers.
They do not seem to be mentioned in the installation details.
I have installed mine under the standoffs butI think they are preventing full contact with the cpu as I am getting higher temps with the Swifty than the Intel retail sink.:confused:

OKAY!

Those go under the fan, between the fan and the standoffs the fan mounts to to help isolate vibration and make for quieter running. You are correct that with where you have them now they are keeping the H/s from properly contacting the processor.

SkyHook

You Are Correct

Those washers are mentioned in the parts list but not anywhere in the text or drawings. But this is where they go and are used as I said to isolated the fan somewhat from the heatsink itself.

SkyHook

Not A Problem

No Thanks Necessary, I'm just glad I could be of service to a new member. WELCOME aboard, and I hope all your problems are this easy to resolve.

SkyHook

Back