• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UK Athlon XP+Steppings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maximus Nickus

Senior Shaman
Whats the best Overclocking Athlon XP, I'm looking at around £85 for one and I would like to be able to overclock up to around 2000-2200+ speeds (watercooling + Volt Mod)

Basically a 1600+ or 1700+? And where in the UK can you get them and choose your stepping?

M_N

Also the best stepping is???:D

(Having to sell half of myself to get a new CPU, and I still only have £20!!!
I have Motherboards, 20GB HDD's but no where to test them!)

lol Maximus is in a pickle:p

AROIA currently is the best stepping for the XP, and I would recomend you getting the XP 1600+ because it'll reach 1.8gig easily at a very high fsb (XP 2200+)..

I'm not sure about retailers in UK though.

u oculd goto a local computer fair and go around the stalls, ask to see their cpus, and check the steppings...look for the aroia.

u could also try phoning www.overclockers.co.uk and ask them if they have any arioa cpus...i know they let u pick and choose if u goto their shop, but not sure if they would allow u to do so over the phone.

Thanks, I've dealt with overclockers uk before, they are a good firm.

If you look in the classifieds though I'm making a trade for a CPU so hopefully I'll get a Good stepping, and if I don't trade but sell then I'll know what to get.

Thanks,
M_N

Back