• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is in Retail-Box Phili-Malay ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rio71

hi
how can i make sure, what is in the box (retail)?
marking the arrows the differences between Philippines or malay chips ??
any experiences :(

Phili_Malay.gif

I'm not quite sure what your asking. If your looking how to tell where the processor is from, there should be a sticker on the side of the box with all the info for the processor including where it was packaged as well as batch and pack date.

Hi Rio71,

there's a white label on one side of the box and all the information on the CPU is printed onto it. If there's the text: "Made in Malaysia", well then it's obviously from Malaysia. But if there isn't such a text, then it's from Philippines. You can also tell from the FPO/Batch#. Most of the Malaysian CPUs have a FPO/Batch# that begins with L or Q whereas most of the Philippine ones start with a 7.

Hope that helps

Regards

Ingo:D

@ badvector : i wanted a Phili but becomes a Malay see here

@Celemine1Gig: yes seems true with FPO/Batch#.
no others info on the box calls malay :(

nach made in malaysia habe ich schon geguckt, aber dann doch in die schei$$e gegriffen. ich hätte so gerne die 1600 stabil gemacht.naja danke für die info, es wird helfen.

Phili-Malay2.gif

Yes, on the pics you posted, you can cearly identify your Celeron 1,3 GHz as a Phlippine chip becuase of the FPO# that starts with a 7 and the Celeron 1,1 GHz has a FPO# number that starts with a Q which identifies it as a Malysian CPU.
It's good to see, that what I said was correct:D

You're absolutely right AntmanMike!:D

"nach made in malaysia habe ich schon geguckt, aber dann doch in die schei$$e gegriffen. ich hätte so gerne die 1600 stabil gemacht.naja danke für die info, es wird helfen."

And here's the translation for all who didn't undertand what Rio71 said:

He only said, that he looked for "made in malaysia" on the package, and he thought, that if there was no "madein malaysia" it'd have to be a philippine chip, but he had bad luck(that's where he used the word with the "s", the "h", the "i" and the "t"). He would've liked to get his chip stabel at 1600 MHz, that's why he wanted the philippine chip. Finally he thanked me for the info on how to get the right chip, next time;)

Regards

Ingo:D :D :D

Celery new 1400 ...

celbox.jpg

Back