• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H3 final

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
from the stanford site

6/14/2002 Folding@Home 3.0 goes final

The 3.0 version of the client is now final, and can be found on the download page. This client is essentially 3.0b5 without the killswitch. Thanks to all the beta testers who helped us shake it out. There are numerous benefits to the new client, including many bugfixes. In particular, the new client also allows use of port80 so we should be able to go through a lot more firewalls.

get it here

-------------------------------
edit...........

also news for those interested in the gromacs core:

Stanford
6/14/2002 Gromacs core starting external testing

Guha has finished the Gromacs core port to windows and we're now testing both the Win and Lin Grocores. A few people may see them show up. On the windows side, the GUI stuff is not complete. You see a picture of the protein as its folding, but the name is fixed to "Gromacs" and the fraction completed is not up and going yet. We want to do some more testing of the science and finish these last few aesthetic things and then we'll roll it out in greater numbers.

Last edited:
NASsoccer said:
from the stanford site

6/14/2002 Folding@Home 3.0 goes final

The 3.0 version of the client is now final, and can be found on the download page. This client is essentially 3.0b5 without the killswitch. Thanks to all the beta testers who helped us shake it out. There are numerous benefits to the new client, including many bugfixes. In particular, the new client also allows use of port80 so we should be able to go through a lot more firewalls.

get it here

Is it stable, then? I don't want to spend a lot of time loading it on my boxes if it's going to be a problem.

gtsimmo said:
Great work NAS, you're always keeping us up to date.:)

lol.. just trying to help is all :)

..and Ned, they say it is stable so that is all i can say;) wish i could promise it wasn;t but i have as of this minute just started using it so i guess we will find out:)

just downloaded the final verison been using the beta without a problem and it's suppose to be the same thing but without an experiation date

The 3.0 version of the client is now final, and can be found on the download page. This client is essentially 3.0b5 without the killswitch

Im sticking with f@h2, because ive only been getting protienA's since feb. If i switch i might get some .5 pointer ones :(

NASsoccer said:

lol.. just trying to help is all :)

..and Ned, they say it is stable so that is all i can say;) wish i could promise it wasn;t but i have as of this minute just started using it so i guess we will find out:)
Thanks, NAS. I'm gonna wait and see if you have problems first! lol. I hope you don't!:D

Gandalf said:
Anyone know if the text version will be fater than the graphical one?

well it will be a fatter download because of the graphical client:D

and excess protien is stored in fat cells, which makes u fatter too;)

And in large hard drives the FAT R can be corrupted.

Hey they did make a change in Version3 over the Beta. The core will auto shut down if the client stops working. This is so cool! On my work machines the client is shut down everytime someone logs off so the core used to do a lot of folding which was useless. At least now it won't number crunch for no reason.

I've got several people into the habit of restarting the machines instead of just logging off which restarts folding :)

Re: Re: F@H3 final

NedClocker said:

Is it stable, then? I don't want to spend a lot of time loading it on my boxes if it's going to be a problem.

I've been using FAH3 since Beta2 on all of my boxen, and haven't had any issues.

Go for it! If you don't, you may miss out on the Gromacs!

w00f!

I have both the beta and fah2. Time to download the new ones. Info posted on the team site. Thanks to both NASsoccer and res0r9lm for the update. :)

I just downloaded and started it.....I like how it has more options in the Configure menu. Unfortunately, it doesn't display how many WU's I've previously done on this machine. :confused:

Re: Re: Re: F@H3 final

stymee said:

I've been using FAH3 since Beta2 on all of my boxen, and haven't had any issues.

Go for it! If you don't, you may miss out on the Gromacs!

w00f!

The new cores are compatible fully with 2.x as well as 3.x. This is independent of the 3.xbeta issues.

Vijay

Re: Re: Re: Re: F@H3 final

NASsoccer said:

The new cores are compatible fully with 2.x as well as 3.x. This is independent of the 3.xbeta issues.

Vijay
Wat that means?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: F@H3 final

NedClocker said:

Wat that means?

from the folding community:

F@H has a "layered mechanism". There are "client" and "core". There is no problem in F@H 2.x with Gromacs because we reserved some features in the 2.x client. And that's used for Gromacs core. And Gromacs core is totally different with the previous core, so your old core will not even be overwritten by Gromacs. With our extensive tests, we met no problems like losing WUs caused by any core-confusion.

My both f@h 2.19 clients (cores 2.43 & 2.44?) continued to fold WUs after upgrading to 3.0 from the same old position... (= no lost cpu time). So it should be safe to upgrade to 3.0 wo/ losing WUs.

doer said:
My both f@h 2.19 clients (cores 2.43 & 2.44?) continued to fold WUs after upgrading to 3.0 from the same old position... (= no lost cpu time). So it should be safe to upgrade to 3.0 wo/ losing WUs.

make sure you finish your current WU and then upgrade... also some recommend to delete your old core. of course v3 automatically downloaded a new core when i upgraded... but i would say delete the old anyway. better to try to prevent a conflict before it happens..

Last edited:
Back