• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We should name our computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My box is named Babylon (not after the city in the Bible, after a song by The Tea Party)

My Pentium 1 box is named Lothlorian (it's my mom's computer, and she likes LotR)

I was gunna name mine Heaven's Door after I watched Eva, but it didn't fit the naming convention.

Oni said:
I was gunna name mine Heaven's Door after I watched Eva, but it didn't fit the naming convention.
Call it Central Dogma. :p

My old rig was Monolith. The one I have now is Megalith. A guy I know uses an old PII-400 as a file server and he calls it Schmo.

I also call my car the Hellbus after a song by Wesley Willis.

Oni said:
I don't believe that fits either. No spaces alowed.
Well then, here are some other suggestions.

Magi
Casper
Balthasar
Melchior
SEELE

Or name it after any of the 17 angels:
Adam
Lilith
Sachiel
Shamshel
Ramiel
Gaghiel
Israfel
Sandalphon
Matariel
Sahaquiel
Iruel
Leriel
Bardiel
Zeruel
Arael
Armisael
Tabris

My naming scheme: name each PC after a moon in our solar system, and each server or network device after a planet.

This was the scheme my old college used; it is very weird at first but nobody ever confused Europa with Charon, or the Earth printer with the Saturn scanner:D The names are just so distinctive.

I call my gateway computer Osama Bin F*ckhead....on account that I hate this computer, and I want to shoot it a million times in the face!!! :mad:

Spec

THe first part of my computers name is something illegal that some women do to make money. If they do that, sometimes they are called a w____. And the second part of the name is another name for what women use to feed infants. W_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ You fill in the blanks.

Well, the main rig is Rocky. I have not bothered giving a name to the laptop.

The farm that I am planning might be "son of Yattazilla". The reason why will become obvious if you check the folding@home forum.

hello thread resurection

I name my boxes:
Win2k on Tbird = Debris
Linux on Tbird = Darkness
P2-300 = Spirit
K6-2 200 = Oberon

I really need to start up a naming scheme.. finding deeply cryptic computer names is difficult half way through an OS install. Maybe I'll start naming them after the 7 Dwarves.. sleepy, hungry, etc. :D

batman_threadres.jpg

The P1 box changed from Lothlorian to Moria. It is in the basement, after all :p

Crazy Jayhawk said:
Well then, here are some other suggestions.

Casper
Balthasar
Melchior

damnz j00 these are the names of the systems in my sig.

melchoir is mine, balthasar is my fiancé's and caspar is my htpc.

grr... i thought i was all original and shiz. -_-

Back