• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta Fan problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

I got a Delta FFBO812SHE, and i looked it up at sidewindercomputer and this fan should be 68CFM. Well this fan feels like its 10CFM , whats the problem? It is untailed so it came with a red,black, and a blue wire attacked to a 3 pin.

I didnt dont attach the 3pin to the header on the motherboard, but isnt that for only monitoring?

please help

PS: i took this fan and attached it to my 7.2 watt battery from my radiocontrol car and it seemed like 68CFM

So you're positive you connected the tail together... and plugged it to the power supply? Make sure you have a good connection..

Did you plug it into the 4 plug Molex connector ? My Antec 1080 case had a few Molex connectors that were labeled "Case Fans". When I plugged into those my Delta would spin about 10 CFM.

I just did the 3 pin to 4 pin Molex conversion.

the positive and negative wire i connect it to this molex then that molex goes into the 4pin molex in the PSU, im sure it has good connection, i tried it on my other PSU and felt the same

does my RPM monitor has to be connected?

No, the monitor cable doesn't have to be connected for it to spin up properly. Is this fan brand new? If it is, then rma it for another one because it sounds defective.

muddocktor

hey guys,

LOL I put the wire in the wrong side, i put it onto the other 2 instead of the one your suppose to, This fan is powerful and kinda loud, im plannin on using this for when i get a AX-7 .
Anyways anyone know a cheap rheostat that would work with this fan?

Back