• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally my Rig photos!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Well it's been along time until this day of completion, but it was I must say worth it. First I'd like to thank everyone here at OC's for assisting in making this machine a reality! Well here it is: Abit TH7 2 Raid running a P4 Northy 1.6 @ 2.5/ 1.825. G Force 4 TI 4400 running @ 300/ 697. It runs stable as it has survived 3D Mark 2001 looping benchmarks. It did not run stable @ 2.6 any longer as it would crash on about the 3rd test every time so I'll have to live with 2.5. I replaced a stick of RAM (I killed the other in a failed heatsink mod) so I'm not certain if this is why I lost the additional 100 MHZ. Here are several photos, please feel free to comment both good and bad as advice is always helpful. LATER!

Very slick bud. But you forgot your temps. What are H20 setups without great temps? I know you got some with that setup. Nice parts choice. I like the res/airtrap combo. Or is that a bleed tube out of the res? Do you have UV Cathodes, or what are you using to make that water glow green? I see what looks like "EL Neon Cable" around the DD Rad. Lemme know what your Ambient Temps, Idle Temps, and Load temps after Prime95 torture are. Very nice work though...be proud!

XiveX

Here is a shot of the Fill valve. The resevoir is also in this shot. It is made od Nylon. I probably could have used nylon barbs, but I preferred the presence of brass myself.

A cool photo I thought! Notice the Corb on the Northy. It probably didn't help anything, but it was a cheap mod that looked cool anyway. Note all this light is given as a result of the black light interacting with the fluid. The Water wetter/Dyelite is a great combo.

Last edited:
very nice, I love the lights and the resevoir did you make it or is there a place that sells thim? Ive never see anyone make it small enough to put in a 5 1/4" slot.

good job

temps we need temps!!

Ill get back to you guys on the prime 95 temps just give me a few. OK my Idle temp is 39C and my CPU under load is 43.5C. Does this seem to be average? I used the requested prime 95 benchmark.

Last edited:
Yes I used cathode ray tubes. The valve is used for a fill valve although it does work as a bleeder too. The res is custom. I went into this project with the idea that I must have this entire cooling system inside the build. It was a challenge since it was a mid tower. Notice the BayBus actually shares the same drive bay as the res.

I used water wetter along with Dye Lite for the added glow look. It uses the ultra violet light to give this effect.

Last edited:
Here is the added blower I call the HDD cooler. It's directly under the HDD I usually leave this set on low with the Bay Bus. It sucks the air from the HDD and blows it into the build. Hot glue was used to mount the heat exchanger. Does anyone know how to post a Word Doc. I saved my scores and would like to show the screenshot with WCPUID, Score and temp all in one if possible.

Well I decided not to tap out the top of the machine. It just stops about an inch or so above what you see. I am considering bringing the fill valve through the top though. I have to pull the tube and fill it with a funnel. I was hoping I would not have to fill often, but I can see I will every 2-3 weeks or so. My fill tube drops about a 1/2" a day.

GREAT rig man, my congratulations. Try keeping your rad fans going a little faster and you should get some better temps. Your temps aren't bad, but they seem a little high for a watercooling setup.

Anyway, keep up the modding! :)

that is very nice! i wish my setup could fit inside my case, lol, its gonna soon tho! but i think i mite get a full tower first... or i can cut out my 2 hdd bays and stick them somewere else....
but i like it! espessially the black lite!, i almost ordered me one of those today, but i decided on a 40watt pelt instead to mess around with....

Yeah I have to agree! My temps are ticking me off. We had many discussions in the Abit/Intel threads on the Mobo reported temps. I even did a study that showed a wide variation from what my gun displayed. If I remember right there is a 3-5C deviance from the gun and the Mobo. The gun does have a +/- 2F accuracy. Later!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• temp!.jpg
    temp!.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,491
Last edited:
Back