• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, new Celeron is HOT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

engjohn

I have a new Cele 1.2 and an ST6 raid MB. This new cele runs HOT compaired to my other older celes. at 1.5G 1.8v the thing is in the high 40's with my alpha pep66t...

so here's the question.....
What do you guys/gals suggest, for a replacement? I am thinking that I will go back to water, but is just such a fuss...

Remember- its summer- things are going to be hotter- and since yours os overclocked with that high of voltage, its assumed that this is a normal temp.
Spyder

I understand that, but this thing is idle at 48c I need something to cool it a little better

I would go w/ the AX-7 and a 50cfm Sunon or a Delta w/ a rheostat
That's what I'm getting :p

The Coolest said:
I would go w/ the AX-7 and a 50cfm Sunon or a Delta w/ a rheostat
That's what I'm getting :p

this looks good, but will this be better than the swiftech mcxc370 ???

The AX-7 will perform better than the Swiftech if it uses a high performance fan. The Swiftech is a great choice. Celerons aren't really too hard to cool and they seem to reach a certain point where even the best heatsink won't bring improved results. I know this because I didn't get the improvements I thought I would get when I got my AX-7.

Back