• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starnet 550Watt PSU (CHEAP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Antec is more of a 'quality' PSU, enermax's aren't;)

It may be cheap but its still 550Watt, so anyone HAVE ANY EXPERIENCES WITH IT!?!??

Plus I don't have £100 to blow on a PSU, £35 I could maybe stretch too after selling my HDD (Classifieds)
M_N

Last edited:
Budget PSU?

Yeah go ahead!! I don't believe in expensive PSU either. As long as your PC is not loaded with too many peripherals, go ahead man! Too many peripherals could lower 12v lines and consequently it hurts the 5v lines.

My setup: 3 hardisks, 1 cd-rom, mobo & proc., 3 pci cards, all of these are working fine with a generic 350 watts PSU. The voltage are: 3.26v, 5.02v, 12.40v under load.

Hi Maximus Nickus,

a friend of mine bought the Starnet 550W PSU a few weeks ago! It's a fine piece of hardware!!! All the voltages are stable at load and it has 285W combined 3,3V and 5V!!!

I have a Starnet PSU myself now for about 6 month or so. It's a 350W PSU and it's also very good. Has two fans, is pretty quiet, rock stable and the most important thing is that it's very cheap.

I'll buy a 550W Starnet PSU soon, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be a great buy that I won't regret!

BTW, if I remember the exchange rates right, I can get the PSU much cheaper then that.

I can get it for 40,-EUR or perhaps even less!;)

All I can say is take a look at www.ebay.co.uk and search for 550W(I just did the search and found a company that sold the PSU for 30 pounds).

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, this has really helped me. Thanks again:)
I already have a 400Watt (lots of juice) but the 5V doesn't cut it, so I'll buy a dual PSU adapter from www.overclockers.co.uk and run the 550Watt just for the Mobo;)
Thanks again, BTW you don't happen to know the combined 3.3V + 5V rail's for other PSu's for a comparitive look?
Oh and whats the Wattage for the 5V by itself?

Thanks again:)
M_N

Well, all Í know about the PSU is this:

+ 3,3V ..... 30A
+ 5V ........ 40A
+ 12V ...... 20A
- 5V ......... 1,0A
- 12V ....... 1,0A
285W for combined 3.3Volt- and 5Volt

Hope that helps

Regards

Ingo:D

I bought one of these a a spare. Voltages are good, but it is a lot noisier than my Enhance supply.
It is available on another site for £22 + VAT

Well, I don't mean to say it's not a good PSU at all and I suppose I shouldn't be comparing it to higher graded PSUs. The amps on the 5V line seem fine but my POWMAX 500W carries more amps on the 3.3V, 5V AND 12V (40A, 50A, 22A respectively) lines, but with lesser combined wattage.

I also got that at about £6 less in your dollar.

Back