• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finshed water cooling project.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

packratbob

here it is folks all finish minus the lights and perspecs side panel coming soon. A bit ugly at the moment i know lol

Cost (prices in aus dollars) X0.56 for us dollars

case with 450 watt codegen psu =97
Water block homade abt 4 hours work =10
Tubing 3 metre 12mm =8
3 12mm elbows =1.80
20 clamps some for spares =10
res box =2.50
4 fans =40
kh heater core =15
cable spliters adaptors x2 =4
total =188.30 aus
i think thats it.

Last edited:
case front oh yah thats my folding temps on the hardcano 2
stays with in there if abient doesnt vary too much

Last edited:
wow thats pretty ccool, and does that rez have a top?, i had 4 fans on my core like that for a while, but now i got my 120s and my temps are down a LOT

is that antifreeze?

Bottom. still need heat spreaders on the second ram and a decent chipset cooler too

my friend the drill with a side cutter drill bit does every thing and this is all i used to mod the case. its my best friend lol.

Attachments

• trusty-friend.jpg
    trusty-friend.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 213
second best friend.

crap i lost the dremel bit somewhere.. this is a dremel wannabe. its crap!!! but it helps tidy up burrs.

damn i forgot the pic

Attachments

• my-so-called-dremel.jpg
    my-so-called-dremel.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 217
here is my pride and joy mounted in.

Attachments

• mywaterblock.jpg
    mywaterblock.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 214
Oblic said:
where did you get that green "sh*t" from ?

/Oblic

from my car lol yup its antifreeze and b4 u say stuff let me explain.

I had to use it cos thats all i had in terms of corrosion protection. and i was storing bottles of this stuff in the freeze to see how high i can over clock. i got to 1890 with cpu temps at 11 degs.

maskedgeek said:
wow thats pretty ccool, and does that rez have a top?, i had 4 fans on my core like that for a while, but now i got my 120s and my temps are down a LOT

is that antifreeze?

Yah i bought a 120mm 108 cfm sunon but its too damn luad so i switched back to the 4 80mm it does the same though.
i used the 120 on a reall getto cooling job on a overclock duron 850@1150 vcore 2.00 lol temps at 33 folding

Attachments

• 120mmmod.jpg
    120mmmod.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 205
the overclocker said:
are the fans on your radiator blowing anywhere? you may be able to decrease the temps by putting a fan on the other side to reduce air pressure.
yah its a pretty tight fit i got to get more fans to increase flow but its just blowing in to the case at the moment and extracted up the top by a 5 1/4 drive bay

you gots antifreeze in there, that reduces water efficiency a LOT and you got a lot in there it looks like, when i used antifreeze i only put enuf in to tint the water green. not color it... thats practally strait antifreeze?

Looks like a lot of antifreeze to me 2. I love the duct tape. (my computer just wouldn't be right without it)

looks nice

the only thing I would change is that anti-freeze, unless you are mixing copper and aluminum together you only need like 5% of the system to be anti-freeze. Water transfers heat much better thin anti-freeze so you will decrease your temps if you dilute the anti-freeze with water.

some people use dielite, some use food coloring, iv tried one of them liquidy pens... the pen stained the hoses really good.... i think food coloring mite stain it, but it mite not, give it a try.... im gonna use a highlighter for my next one instead of dielite...

Back