• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple people folding for 1 username

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr B said:
The only downside to creating new usernames for "alliances" is that it makes us look like we have fewer "Users" (percentage wise) Folding. We're already at a quite low number, percentagewise, because of people inadvertantly misspelling usernames, and not noticing right away, etc....

If the name could be changed, without creating a new account, I'd be all for it... But IMHO, it makes it look like we have a small percentage of a large number of accounts "active".

We (as of the last update) currently have 1123 Users, 357 Active, 31.8% Accounts Active. A ton of those "inactive" accounts are accidental, or goofin on people by creating an account as a joke...

It just makes it look like there's only a few of us that are active...

My $.02

B.
Yeah, but what can we do about it?
Another ton of those people are folders who quit, too.

Last edited:
cleaning up

has anybody ever tried to find out if statsman plans on 'cleaning-up' the tables? maybe not over the whole gamut of teams, but maybe if a particular team asked they would do it. i don't know what the criteria would be, but something along the lines of anything under a certain amount a points and inactive for more than a certain amount of time. is this possible? or even a good idea?

Re: cleaning up

kajj said:
has anybody ever tried to find out if statsman plans on 'cleaning-up' the tables? maybe not over the whole gamut of teams, but maybe if a particular team asked they would do it. i don't know what the criteria would be, but something along the lines of anything under a certain amount a points and inactive for more than a certain amount of time. is this possible? or even a good idea?

I think this happened on some stats pages somewhere. Users inactive for the week and with a team rank > 250 were not displayed.

I agree that there should be a way to filter out inactive users from the stats listings.

David.

Re: Re: cleaning up

David said:

I think this happened on some stats pages somewhere. Users inactive for the week and with a team rank > 250 were not displayed.

I agree that there should be a way to filter out inactive users from the stats listings.

David.
That was Den's page.

someone could just Email Stanford and ask them if they could clear out inactive members with <100 points or something....

Back