• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When will "true" DDR400 come out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr.Cornell... you can pick up some samsung at newegg right now... as back up hehe.. They got the CTL seperat from the DTL.. Order fast if ya want to play it safe or something. :)

KnownKiller said:
Mr.Cornell... you can pick up some samsung at newegg right now... as back up hehe.. They got the CTL seperat from the DTL.. Order fast if ya want to play it safe or something. :)

Well unfortunately no I can't do that, as NewEgg charges a 15% restocking fee so if I buy the Samsung now, and then return the Corsair, then I will have to pay 15%. Whereas if I RMA the Corsair and ask for the Samsung I will be able to avoid the 15%.

I like NewEgg and everything, but I'm not going to give them money for free.

edit: I just realized something. I can REJECT the package with the Corsair inside without opening it, then NewEgg can't charge me the restocking fee. But I'm thinking that if I try that too often NewEgg will blacklist me, or something. LOL. However, I can REJECT the Corsair package, and then keep the Samsung. Only problem is, it's not nearly as easy to OC 2 sticks of any memory, no matter how godly, then OCing 1 stick.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... :mad:

Last edited:
hehehe yeah man sounds tough... What i'd do since there the CTL overclockers dream is just buy them and try them and the other stick... Yeah pay the extra to return it or something... I mean with circumstances like these its best to grab it while ya can anyway ya can cause they wont be around long at all... plus i havent been able to find them online period so...heh.. I'd hate to be you.. though hehe I was in the same situation and i did the above hehe..

Or ya might beable to call them and order it telling them that your returning the other stick and want these as the exchange.. so theres no restock fee.. But there closed now... damn. Always tomorrow morning if there still avaliable.

Back