how to apply cable sleeving

I was wondering how I could apply similar cable sleeving like the kind at http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/slv-10.html , which is similar to the enermax psu cabling.

I see this cabling used on the psu wires, but would it be possible to put it on my floppy cables, etc.. Would it be possible to put it on?

How would I go about this b/c the cabling isn't that wide, and I don't know if you could get it over the connectors.

yea, it can be done.. you have to disassemble the cable.. make sure you write down the locations of the wires in the connector first, then with a tiny screw driver (they do have a specail tool for this) push the little prong back on the terminal and pull it out the back. slide the sleeving over the wires and cut to length.. dont forget the shrink wrap tubing.. reinstall the wire terminals into the plug and heat the wrap to shrink it.. TaDa your done..

i think

Charlie
    As the clock strikes midnight.....
    Proud member of TEAM 32

Asus A7N8X Deluxe, 2500 Barton, 2x512 3200 Crucail, 160 Maxtor SATA, 9600 Radeon 256ddr

I'm a little teapot Senior WyrmMaster's Avatar
    Yep, thats the basics. You should be able to get the stuff at an auto supply store.

hey, thanx for the help, and I have already bout a ton of it cheap at home depot

Originally posted by m_mike_k

I don't think you can get that at the Home Depot. When I went there they only had the split loom wire wrap.
    Don't forget your friendly local hardware store. They have it.

Originally posted by m_mike_k

I don't think you can get that at the Home Depot. When I went there they only had the split loom wire wrap.
    He just said he bought it, why would you doubt him?

Senior Band Wagon Jumper CrystalMethod's Avatar
    There is a link to the how to guide on the page you linked to. http://www.virtual-hideout.net/guide...ng/index.shtml

hey their you go... thats what i was talking about

Charlie
    As the clock strikes midnight.....
    Proud member of TEAM 32

Asus A7N8X Deluxe, 2500 Barton, 2x512 3200 Crucail, 160 Maxtor SATA, 9600 Radeon 256ddr