• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to apply cable sleeving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yanks111

I was wondering how I could apply similar cable sleeving like the kind at http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/slv-10.html , which is similar to the enermax psu cabling.

I see this cabling used on the psu wires, but would it be possible to put it on my floppy cables, etc.. Would it be possible to put it on?

How would I go about this b/c the cabling isn't that wide, and I don't know if you could get it over the connectors.

yea, it can be done.. you have to disassemble the cable.. make sure you write down the locations of the wires in the connector first, then with a tiny screw driver (they do have a specail tool for this) push the little prong back on the terminal and pull it out the back. slide the sleeving over the wires and cut to length.. dont forget the shrink wrap tubing.. reinstall the wire terminals into the plug and heat the wrap to shrink it.. TaDa your done..

i think :D

Charlie :beer:

hey, thanx for the help, and I have already bout a ton of it cheap at home depot :)

Back