• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]XP-Style Buttons and Clickable Search for Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
XP-Style Buttons and Clickable Search for Windows 7
by c627627

Many computer users are so attached to Windows XP buttons that they refuse to switch to Windows 7 because Microsoft programmers did not find it necessary to give them the option to enable them again...

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited:
While the adjectives (huge, gigantic, etc.) chosen are ... quaint, I still think the logarithmic scale of the search size makes sense. The real mistake is the lack of a "custom" option to override it.

Also, remember that you're not normal. :) For many people, 16 MB is a large file. Most MP3 files are never bigger than 5 MB, high-res photos are still usually under 3-5 MB depending upon the camera settings, Word docs are usually never more than a couple of megs unless you have a lot of graphics or metadata, and so 16 MB is something you'd just see for video or tucked-away data files. (PST and OST files, I'm looking at you!)

So, for "normal" people, 16 MB, while a miniscule percentage of the hard drive size, is still pretty large for a single file. It is for me, too (aside from the video and data files), and I do cancer simulations. ;) -- Paul

Back