• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SuperPi Competition is Under Way!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the use of bios downcore allowed? For instance I run my AMD 965BE with only one core, it will show in CPUz I believe as one core?

Yes, that's fine. If it clocks better with cores disabled, have at it!

I may have missed it but are we allowed to submit on multiple stages?
I submitted a score for amd and lga775 both 1M

No limit at all...submit away! For scoring purposes though, only the top two of your scores will be considered. :)

Is it within the rules to run two systems in the same class? I already have one system that I have submited scores from in the AMD class but I have another system that may score better.

I understand that only the best two of my scores will be counted (one for Super PI 1M and one for 32M) in that class.

Go for it oldtimer. You understand the limitation, so you're good to go. Oh, and welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Can't use my i7 820QM? I just tried and it said it wasn't allowed. Too bad. I would have gotten 19th with my laptop....lol

Mobile stuff uses different sockets, at least i think mobile i7's do, maybe they don't.

I know Ghost's mobile core2duo stuff was blocked due to being socket 478.

What happened that the competition is closed? I have a nice second place 32M time to submit but I guess not any more.

It's re-opened, at least it should be until 11:59pm EST.

EDIT - Just looked at the post @ HWBot (this one) and it seems there is a hiccup in time zones and the competition might be closed one hour early (10:59pm EST). Guess it ended up closing even earlier than they said. Sorry to anyone that didn't have a score submitted, or had a better one waiting to submit. :(

Last edited:
Bumer, was about to make a submission for AMD 32m , I was only going to get 1 point , but I wanted a chance at the Corsair PSU :( Did'nt have time to do it earlier....

Back