• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Benching Team SuperPi Competition!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In STAGE 1, I don't see any chances of i3s nor i5s would be able to compete with triple channel i7-9xx series. What gives?

In STAGE 1, I don't see any chances of i3s nor i5s would be able to compete with triple channel i7-9xx series. What gives?
Huh? A decent clocking dualie will at least be competitive in SuperPi 1M. Tri-channel isn't all that much of an advantage and 1366 memory controllers aren't really as strong as the 1156 quads, so they'll be strong in SP32M. It's a pretty level playing field, at least as far as Super Pi is concerned.

Yeah, in 1M it's definitely a level field. In 32M though, the IMC of i3 will limit them, but i5 and i7 should be pretty even. Just check my 32M submission with the i3, I have faster clocks but I'm still getting beat by like 1m 30s. I still have a few things to try, but I HIGHLY doubt I'll gain 1m 30s though...

i3's IMCs just don't like high clocks / tight timings unfortunately. They'll definitely suffer in 32M. Thankfully, each one is worth as much as the other...which means it's level all around. :D

I'm stuck at a 189 BCLK with a 25 multi at the moment. I'm hoping that when I get more time to fiddle with stuff I can push her a bit more. She doesn't like 190+ though. Hopefully when I drop down to 2 sticks of RAM I can push her a bit further! :beer:

Good luck!

I have the opposite problem...I need more multiplier, I'm already into the ~230bclk range.

The power supply is going to be given away in a random drawing of all participants … all you have to do is enter and submit a result to be eligible for the drawing! For the remainder, there will be a system to award the prizes and we’ll update the forum post accompanying this article as the contest approaches.

Reported this sig spammer.:thup:

yup its going to be p55 dual core, 775 dual core and 938 dual core. Anyone else want to make a bet? hehheh

Going to be hot as sin here this week... way to hot for ambient overclocking for me. Maybe next week I will try my hand out :)

I believer luck is in my favour haha, for temps that is, idk about winning anything haha. anyhow, temps are supposed to drop to 5C, bit of snow / rain, and im picking up a megahelm with 2 fans :D and a 40x40mm fan for the ol' NB.

Competition closed. Should I get some more info about prizes? Didn't understand well what gets the OCer who finished competition as first?

Competition shouldn't be closed until 11:59pm EST tonight. I'll PM mbot now.

The people that win are the three with the most points when their 1M and 32M runs are combined. If there is a tie, they're decided in a drawing.

Winners need to be tabulated, double checked, then announced. We'll get that done this week, and the official announcement will occur on Overclockers.com. A discussion thread will also be created here where you can congratulate the winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back