Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.
Forum Jump

[O/C]Futuremark Adding 3DMark11 to its Arsenal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10, 01:59 PM Thread Starter   #1
Overclockers.com

[O/C]Futuremark Adding 3DMark11 to its Arsenal

Futuremark Adding 3DMark11 to its Arsenal
by EarthDog

Quote:
The makers of the popular 3dMark benching software, Futuremark, have announced their newest version of its 3d benchmarking software, 3DMark11. This version will use a “native DX11 engine designed to make extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11, including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading.” So guess what fellow benchers, we have another new game to play and this time we can flex the muscle of our DX11 cards!
... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by hokiealumnus; 05-26-10 at 03:20 PM.
Overclockers.com is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-10, 02:57 PM   #2
nightelph

I'm glad they're leaving the 'Vantage' moniker behind.

Not sure who to PM about your incorrectly formatted link.

Heat
nightelph is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-10, 03:10 PM   #3
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

They probably want to forget that... lol

I forgot to mention in the article that this will have a free version as well.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-10, 03:21 PM   #4
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Got the formatting & moving to benching section. Sorry for the delay!

Added the bit about it being free too.

That video is sweet. If that was real-time rendered, I bet the system they did it on was one heck of a powerhouse.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

Last edited by hokiealumnus; 05-26-10 at 03:31 PM.
hokiealumnus is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-10, 04:06 PM   #5
Brolloks
Benching Senior on Siesta
Premium Member #8

Hope it takes more advantage of the new GPU's and makes the benchmark less CPU dependent.

Brolloks is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-10, 04:38 PM   #6
georanma

Thats good to hear for sure. Maybe this 5850 can do some work then

georanma is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-10, 04:56 PM   #7
petteyg359
Likes Popcorn

Maybe this time they'll implement DirectCompute (as "open" as DirectX) instead of proprietary PhysX.

[GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
"Apparently, Plaintiff believes that he could sue an egg company for fraud for labeling a carton of 12 eggs a “dozen,” because some bakers would view a “dozen” as including 13 items." - Western Digital 2006
Folding User Stats
petteyg359 is offline Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-01-10, 04:52 AM   #8
vixro

Brolloks, why would that be the case? They've already done that with Vantage as best they can...

You can't eliminate the CPU as a contributer though, as the video card relies on a good CPU to power it just as much as it needs itself. Testing only the video card on a slow system isn't going to be accurate to testing only the video card on a fast system.

Looked rendered in real time to me, probably by a pair of 5970s...

Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB @ 1250mhz / 7030mhz
Asus Xonar Essence STX 7.1
- Cardas recabled HD580 & Creative GigaWorks T40
Silverstone DA750 750w PSU
heatware
vixro is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.