Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!
Forum Jump

No dummy plug needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 07:13 PM Thread Starter   #1
Twigbutt

No dummy plug needed

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who was looking into folding on multiple GPUs on the same computer. You don't need a dummy plug, at least I didn't using Windows 7. I did hook up a second monitor to each video card when I started the clients. Unplugged the monitor. Every client starts with no problem. Even switches to SLI and back for gaming. I don't know if this has been posted yet.

Foldon

End of line

Coolling: - Danger Den RAD Res -> Danger Den D5 Pump -> Heatkiller Rev 3.0 -> Thermalchill PA 120.2 -> EK EVGA X58 Full Board Block w/ Mosfet Block -> XSPC RX360 V2-> EK 470 Liquid Cooling Block x3 - Sythe S-FLEX G Fans -

Folding User Stats

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."- Col. Nathan R. Jessep, USMC
Twigbutt is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-19-10, 06:02 PM   #2
7im

v258.xx drivers seem to resolve the dummy plug issue for all OSes, as reported on the folding forum by Leonardo.
7im is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-21-10, 08:28 AM   #3
harlam357
Senior Fold-a-holic

That's good to know... I just updated some drivers last weekend and I just stuck with my dummy plugs, etc. Will have to try without them.

Thanks Twig!!!

harlam357 is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!