• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]MyOpenPC DOMA Pro PCI Benching Station Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats good, i'd say the biggest downside of the doma pro is that its not 100% study since the connections between pieces aren't all positive. it's a great beginners bench and i enjoy using it a lot, but the one you got certainly looks like its more "professional" in quality

Is there anything to hold the PCIe cards up? Hard to see from the pics cause it's all clear.

Is it safe to say that bench stations (and cases in general) with the hole under the cpu do not need long standoffs to be able to accommodate mounting hardware (nuts, bolts, and the like) on the bottom side?

Is there anything to hold the PCIe cards up? Hard to see from the pics cause it's all clear.

After looking at it, I'm pretty sure that bar on top of the tall side of the frame moves up and down to hold cards. Brolloks will have to conform, but that's what it looks like at least.

Yes, there is a row of slits at the bottom and at the top, once I have stuff on the board I will take close up pics

Is it safe to say that bench stations (and cases in general) with the hole under the cpu do not need long standoffs to be able to accommodate mounting hardware (nuts, bolts, and the like) on the bottom side?

That is correct, the white standoffs is about two inhces and screws on top of the board, according to the instructions that is, does not make sense, I will cut them back to about a 1/4 inch

That is correct, the white standoffs is about two inhces and screws on top of the board, according to the instructions that is, does not make sense, I will cut them back to about a 1/4 inch

Cool thanks! Aren't those white screws just tool-less screws and not long standoffs, or are they both?

Why they are long?

Cool thanks! Aren't those white screws just tool-less screws and not long standoffs, or are they both?

Hi Khemikal;

Thank you for your interest in our product and your question.

There are two reasons why the hand screws (= white screws) are longer than expected.

First, to ease when fastening and loosen the hand screws. The longer the hand screws are, the easier and safer it is to use them. We would like to call it ergonomic design. :)

Second, you can attach additional fans on top of the hand screws to cool the spot of motherboard under it. In this case, the length of hand screws keep fans apart from parts on the motherboard.

Anyway, hand screws enable a user to swap even motherboards for testing easily without screw drivers! I think motherboard hand screws are one of must-have items for computer geeks.

Thanks again!

Benjamin Ko / MyOpenPC.com

Those long thumbscrew type things look really nice.

EDIT:
Is it possible to buy just those screws?

The white long plastic things have female thread on both ends so you cannot use it for screwing anything tight or loose, I;'m a bit puzzled at what it is used for?

Ed, looking at them and judging by what he said, they are big so its easy to twist them onto screws/standofss by hand.

It also sounds like you could mount your board directly to the standoff, screw it down with the handscrews, then mount a fan on the handscrews blowing down onto your board.

Tool free hand screws

Hi everybody!

I.M.O.G.'s explanation is correct.

The hand screws are intended to use small fans, e.g. 40mm or less because only one side(hole) can be screwed.

Practically, if more height is needed or you want to use it with other than motherboards, we have hand screws which have both male and female screws as shown in the below picture. By adding this one, the hight is lengthen.

699x609_3pcs.jpg

Bobnova,

We are selling this hand screw set as an accessory in Korea and Japan.
One set of hand screws consists of 9 pieces of spacer, handscrew and normal screw as follows:

Acetal%20all.jpg

We are planning to launch some accessories including hand screw set when next container is coming.

Thanks again!

Benjamin Ko / MyOpenPC

EDITED: I am sorry that I post price of the hand screw set at this post. I just intended to answer Bobnova's question:
Those long thumbscrew type things look really nice.

EDIT:
Is it possible to buy just those screws?

If you have any further questions on the hand screw set, please e-mail me:
[email protected]

Last edited:
I am interested in 2 of these, pm sent to you Ben. and thanks for the nice work

Back