• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Overclockers Benching Party I: The Line Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wish I was still part of the team, this sounds like it's going to be an awesome time! I'll be tuning in for sure, it will be nice to put some faces to the user names. Good luck guys and don't burn anything down! :beer:

yeah but no submissions til this weekend.

jump drive is out of the house. :bang head

its alright though, i finally found some successful scores! :thup:

Riddle me this bench team...if by chance I found myself in a micro center...and if by chance I get to abuse one of those p55 mobos...what CPU would I want for max biontage?

Riddle me this bench team...if by chance I found myself in a micro center...and if by chance I get to abuse one of those p55 mobos...what CPU would I want for max biontage?

Being no expert I'd have to say (by checking submissions on the bot) that an i5 670 would be the best bet (highest submissions of available processors since the i3 530 isn't sold there anymore as far as I know). It would also be good for wprime 2x globals.

the thing with the clarkdales, they are so varied. you get 530's that do 6ghz on dice and you get 661's that do 5200 on dice, but can easily be the other way around. sadly its a crap shoot just like the rest. the best bet is the 670. the one that I have a got to 5889 and think Edmund had it to 6ghz on dice.

I have decided to bring the w3570. After some testing showed 4.4Ghz @ 1.37 load volts w/HT (P95 Small FFT for an hour) that bad boy needs to get chilly. Thing is, I cant afford to kill it so I have to be careful with her or I lose a wife. haha!

I have decided to bring the w3570. After some testing showed 4.4Ghz @ 1.37 load volts w/HT (P95 Small FFT for an hour) that bad boy needs to get chilly. Thing is, I cant afford to kill it so I have to be careful with her or I lose a wife. haha!

Maybe killing it wouldn't be such a bad thing after all ;)

Back