• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Mvix Minix 890GX Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splat

ASCII Moderator
Since the dawn of computers, one goal has always been to stuff more power into a smaller space. The mini-ITX form factor, and the Mvix Minix 890GX specifically, allow you to run a standard desktop processor on a motherboard not much larger than a grown man's hand. Even more impressive is that almost every feature of a full sized ATX motherboard has been crammed into the miniature footprint of the Minix 890GX...and it can overclock, too.
... Return to article to continue reading.

reddit | stumbleupon | digg

Last edited:
Great review! I have been looking into building an HTPC on the mini-ITX and an intel i3 but this seems like a better alternative being an AMD man myself. How do the graphics on this hold up for 1080p video streaming and encoding and stuff? Would it close to an i3 with onboard video?

Great review! I have been looking into building an HTPC on the mini-ITX and an intel i3 but this seems like a better alternative being an AMD man myself. How do the graphics on this hold up for 1080p video streaming and encoding and stuff? Would it close to an i3 with onboard video?

I don't have any data on i3's myself so I can't personally compare them, and I don't have another AMD processor to see if that makes a difference, but this 890gx onboard video has no problems with 1080p video. I ran out of time on this one, but if i do another miniitx/htpc review soon i'll be sure to get some processor usage numbers.

and thanks guys, glad you like the review.

Back