• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been genuinely excited about a computer case: most recently when I first received the Silverstone GD02-MT. Its most prominent feature is a built in LCD touch screen and I could not wait to get my dirty little digits on it. I'm sure it has a lot of other nice features, but come on, a touch screen! Eventually, I settled down enough to take some pictures as I explored this unique HTPC case.

gd02mt_IMG_3065-300x135.jpg

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy it does look nifty, but I really think the novelty of the touchscreen would wear off real quick as splat said. I couldln't see spending an extra $250 for it when I'd probably hardly use it.

I do like that IR is built in, is that something common with the more high end HTPC cases? I have an nMediaPC case that was only like $70 or so and didn't include one.

i'm not sure exactly how common it is to include IR in the case, but any case that comes with a controller would more than likely use IR as opposed to bluetooth or radio waves.

I wonder if the touch panel would have been better included in a remote control? That said, remotes are only one-way IIRC so it'd need to use something other than IR to communicate with the HTPC.

That's a bit too much case for me. It's bigger than my receiver from the looks of it!

Back