Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.
Forum Jump

[O/C] Futuremark Release 3DMark 11

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-07-10, 08:09 AM Thread Starter   #1
David
Forums Super Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

[O/C] Futuremark Release 3DMark 11

Quote:
Today, Futuremark released 3DMark 11, the latest in their long-running series of benchmarking software. 3DMark, as the name suggests, tends to be aimed towards benchmarking gaming PCs and provides users with a score that can be used to compare the relative performance of different systems for gaming. Futuremark has kindly provided us with press copy of 3DMark 11 Professional for a few days, so we can go through some of the features of the new software and reveal some of the first 3DMark11 scores. Unlike some previous versions, the 11 in 3DMark11 stands for 'DirectX 11' rather than '2011'.
Read More

UPDATE 6/7/11 - 3DMark 11 was updated, see this post.

Score List

P3594 - W3680 @ 4.5GHz | GTX 580 @ stock
P3600 - Q9300 @ 3.33 GHz | GTX 460 @ 900/1800/2200
P4353 - Q9550 @ 3.6GHz | HD 5870 @ stock
P4523 - C2Q @ 2740 | HD 5970 @ 850/1100
P4731 - x6 1100T @ 4.26GHz | HD 5870 @ 975/1225
P4908 - i7 870 @ 4.4GHz | HD 6870 @ 1025/1175
P5636 - W3570 @ 4GHz | GTX 470 @ 850/1700/1800
P6034 - i7 980x @ 4.39GHz | GTX 480 @ 829/1658/1900
P6061 - i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | GTX 470 @ 920/1050

To have your score added, please list your score, CPU @ [clocks] & GPU @ [clocks]. Thanks!

EDIT 12/20/10 - This list is being discontinued. EarthDog, in his infinite wisdom and perseverance has started an official 3DMark 11 thread, please post your results over there.

Additionally, Futuremark released an update to 3Dmark 11 on Dec. 20. Head over to this post to see what was changed and where to download the updates.

Last edited by hokiealumnus; 06-07-11 at 08:05 AM.
David is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 08:12 AM   #2
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Sweet!!! Its here!

Screenshots???

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 08:14 AM Thread Starter   #3
David
Forums Super Moderator

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

Screenshots will be... delayed unfortunately.

Hokie had the hardware for the tests but didn't have time to write the article, so I wrote it. However, I didn't realise the FX880M isn't DirectX11....

If anyone wants to run it and grab some screenshots, send me them as png or jpeg ideally, and 800 pixels on the longest edge, to david [at] overclockers doot com I'll add them to the article and credit you appropriately.

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
Old 12-07-10, 08:53 AM Thread Starter   #4
David
Forums Super Moderator

10 Year Badge

Updated with some YouTube videos that Futuremark have released.

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
Old 12-07-10, 10:04 AM   #5
Khemikal

10 Year Badge

I so called this release date in this thread. Knew they would try to compete with the WoW:Cataclysm release.

Heatware

Join the OCF Benching Team
Khemikal is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 10:06 AM   #6
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

There are results screenshots in the article. You mean screenshots of the runs?

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 10:11 AM   #7
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Yes, screenshots of the benches. I know there are leaked ones from the preview, but, thats a nice thing to have for those that may not have seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemikal View Post
I so called this release date in this thread. Knew they would try to compete with the WoW:Cataclysm release.
Thats like saying a new dragster is competing with Honda's minivan.

People playing games are not worried about the release of a benchmark. Just as most benchers could care less about the new release of WoW. Sure there is some crossover, but I just cant think of a way these would compete being such different applications.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 10:18 AM   #8
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

What's WoW?

I'll try & take a screenshot or two at lunch. Looking for anything specific?

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 10:21 AM   #9
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Just some in bench SS's are all anyone would be looking for I would imagine... something showing off the DX11 features where its used heavily? Iunno.

Old 12-07-10, 10:34 AM   #10
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

Ok, will see what I can do.

For anyone who saw this post and had no idea what we were talking about, the front page article is now visible to the public. I blame David.

Old 12-07-10, 10:41 AM   #11
splat
ASCII Moderator

10 Year Badge

david was snorting noxious fumes in the lab again this morning...messed everything up.

_________/\/\__/\/\/\/\____/\/\____/\/\/\/\______/\/\________
__/\/\/\/\____/\/\________/\/\/\__/\/\/\/\/\____/\/\/\_______
_____________/\/\___________
once you clock you can't go stock
[RHCSA, RHCE] || articles || folding stats || overclockers last.fm group

splat is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 11:06 AM   #12
jevery
Registered

I'm having trouble with my install (Advanced). It's only using one of my cards and I'm getting framerates of only 5-6 FPS. Tryed Vantage to see if it is running on both cards normally and it's now full of artifacts. Crysis Warhead is still running as always 50-55 FPS and loading both cards normally. What's up

Edit, Word at Futuremark's forum is that nobody's able to get SLI to work.

- i7-950 / Megahalems
- ASUS P6X58D-E
- Dominator 1600 (7-7-7-20)
- X2 EVGA GTX460 1GB SC SLI
- Crucial C300 128GB / Spinpoint F3
- Lian Li PC-X1000 / Corsair HX850W
- Samsung P2570 / Windows 7 64 Pro

Last edited by jevery; 12-07-10 at 12:19 PM.
jevery is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 11:11 AM   #13
Mr Alpha

Got P4523 on my Core 2 Quad@2740 and 5970@850/1100. But what I really wanna know is when do we get games that look like that?
Mr Alpha is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 11:18 AM   #14
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

I have to go DL that on my lunch now... And I wasnt ready to pay $20 for it yet.... But im dieing to try it!

Old 12-07-10, 12:10 PM Thread Starter   #15
David
Forums Super Moderator

10 Year Badge

Sorry guys, I'm having a 'fail at life' day. Really.

Old 12-07-10, 12:21 PM   #16
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

Ask, and ye shall receive. Here are screenshots of all six tests, in the order they come when benching.

Graphics Test 1

Graphics Test 2

Graphics Test 3

Graphics Test 4

Physics Test (CPU only)

Combined Test (Physics on CPU, with the rest on the GPU)

Now, these can be made a lot prettier. This is the way they appear with the Performance preset; went with that since it's how most people will see it.

Old 12-07-10, 12:22 PM   #17
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

That is still sheshy! Thanks Hokie!

Old 12-07-10, 12:25 PM   #18
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

It looks good even on performance. I'll have to just settle with watching videos of the bench I guess...

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (97-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 12:32 PM   #19
m0r7if3r
Water Cooling Sticky Reading Enforcement Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevery View Post
I'm having trouble with my install (Advanced). It's only using one of my cards and I'm getting framerates of only 5-6 FPS. Tryed Vantage to see if it is running on both cards normally and it's now full of artifacts. Crysis Warhead is still running as always 50-55 FPS and loading both cards normally. What's up

Edit, Word at Futuremark's forum is that nobody's able to get SLI to work.
http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?...3&postcount=13

that what you're looking for maybe?

Heat
m0r7if3r is offline Author Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-07-10, 12:45 PM   #20
jevery
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0r7if3r View Post
http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?...3&postcount=13

that what you're looking for maybe?
Thanks, but my security software is blocking that link (Malicious website blocked). Apparently a few have got SLI to work with Quadro drivers (?), but they won't install on my system (Hardware not supported message)

- i7-950 / Megahalems
- ASUS P6X58D-E
- Dominator 1600 (7-7-7-20)
- X2 EVGA GTX460 1GB SC SLI
- Crucial C300 128GB / Spinpoint F3
- Lian Li PC-X1000 / Corsair HX850W
- Samsung P2570 / Windows 7 64 Pro
jevery is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.