• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Google ChromeOS CR48 Netbook Hands On Preview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No luck here...some of the reviews were scathing which is unfortunate because its not a finished product. I wonder if that slowed down there enthusiasm for shipping them out.:shrug:

I sure hope not :(

My entire life revolves around Google and I'd kill to have a shot at testing ChromeOS in it's native form. I still have my fingers crossed, here's hoping my karma is good right around now :santa2:

Bummer, there were 3 deliveries to my zip code today but UPS guy came and went with no CR-48. :-/

So I applied and when I clicked submit it took me back to the main submission page. Did it go through or do I need to re-do it?

Great review. From what I heard it has 2gb of ram in it and decent specs.

I signed up once on the 16th and once on the 25th of Jan. Mid afternoon yesterday my door bell rang and there brown was in my driveway. I opened the door and there was this strange sized package sitting inside my storm door. Im posting on my new CR48 right now. Has nobody here received one?

I signed up once on the 16th and once on the 25th of Jan. Mid afternoon yesterday my door bell rang and there brown was in my driveway. I opened the door and there was this strange sized package sitting inside my storm door. Im posting on my new CR48 right now. Has nobody here received one?

Negative. I thought maybe re-registereding might make my application null, so I didn't re-apply. :shrug:

Sure wish I could try one of these out.

Got mine yesterday. No notification or anything, just showed up.

Seems pretty cool so far, I really like the styling and hardware side of things (though I know that isn't the point of the thing :p) and the OS is intriguing. I keep wanting to minimize the browser to get to my desktop...but the browser is the desktop. Only played about an hour but when I went to submit bugs/suggestions it looked like they were already attacking my complaints/ideas to get them ironed out. Fun to be able to have a voice that gets heard.

What's the battery life like on it? Seems like it'd be a great little Netbook for taking notes on in class, and pretty much anything that's lightweight...

Looks really nice. I applied for it. Maybe i'm not too late.

Back