• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Community Manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
iNet issued a press release on the subject where they actually praise Matt B. for his hard work. They don't know him well...
;)

Kidding! Great job bud!

Here the press release: http://www.inetinteractive.com/blog...unity-leader-joins-inet-as-community-manager/

iNET Interactive is excited to announce Matt Bidinger, Community Leader for Overclockers, has agreed to join the iNET team, as Community Manager. Matt has been the leader behind Overclockers, the performance computing community, since 2009. Through Matt’s leadership and earned support from a solid team of editors and senior members, Overclockers experienced extraordinary growth in 2010. Traffic (visits and page views) grew significantly while the Overclockers’ brand gained wide spread recognition within the performance computing market. Overclockers was asked to attend an exclusive AMD executive press conference announcing the launch of its new processor.

In the new Community Manager role, Matt is responsible for managing user-generated content production, community member activity and community satisfaction across all iNET communities. He’ll also remain the Overclockers’ Community Leader supporting its 2011 strategic initiatives.

“The value iNet places on the strength of their web properties is a powerful force when combined with solid supporting casts from within their communities. Working together through Overclockers has demonstrated exceptional growth,” commented Matt. “I’m excited to have the opportunity to further the goals of other communities within iNet going forward.”

“I am thrilled to have Matt join the iNET Interactive team,” stated Kevin Gold, Director of Marketing and Community Development, “Matt has natural leadership skills and a penetrating curiosity towards developing online communities – talents essential for the community manager role.”

Matt is the second community leader that has joined iNET Interactive as a full-time employee. Dennis Johnson, iNET’s Senior Community Adviser, emerged from the position of community leader from Web Hosting Talk in 2007. Both are exceptional members of the iNET team serving key community development roles.

Ah here is the true post on this :) I'll post my congrats here as well. Saw this the day he changed his Linkedin profile.

Got to say though love that picture, and man my back would of been complaining the next day sleeping like that. Hope the AC was cranked with all those computers running in there too.

Good on iNet for choosing a community manager like Matt. He is good at knowing when to listen to trends (and people) and knowing when it is time to act on them, not biting into fashionable trends or fads.

I 'think' he took a lot from those who posted on here and furthered what the older admins had in mind, for what this site is about. Which is why, I always come back here and call this place my home on the internet..
For myself, I know this site has grew me as a a person and furthered my love of tech. Glad one of our own is furthering that. Seeing the overclockers brand, growing makes me very happy. Seeing a result of our community growing makes me even happier.

:attn:

Back