• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Creating a Modified BIOS for a GTX 400 Series GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

This short tutorial is based on my Gigabyte GTX470 (GV-N470OC-13I rev 1.0), it's a reference card with a slightly higher GPU clock of 630 MHz. This type of BIOS modification is working on other reference GTX4xx cards like the GTX460/465/480 as well. A standard GTX470 has the max GPU voltage locked at 1.087 V, but there's an easy way to unlock up to 1.212 V. Here are some steps on how to unlock the max voltage on a GTX4xx GPU:
... Return to article to continue reading.

Wow that seems really easy. Its nice when people take the time to make tools availble to the public like that.

This is an excellent article! I used this same procedure from woo before it was in article form and it worked like a champ!

Worked great for me on my Gigabyte GTX460 1gb. Just had to reboot for MSI Afterburner to recognize the voltage change.

Good to hear that :thup:
I was able to hit 960MHz on cold water while Forum Wars :)

It sorta worked..

Thanks!!

Hello!:) Having PNY gtx460 1gb, I decided to give it a try. While in bios edit, I disabled boot up text saying video card name and enabled max voltage to 1.21v Rebooted and viola! No bootup text, so I'm sure bios reflash worked, but I'm still unable to set max voltage to 1.21 in nspector or afterburner. Strange..:shrug:

I guess it can be matter of software. Maybe try old version of nvidia inspector ? I remember that not every soft was working above default/stock voltages.

Thank you sir, I will give it a go when I can get to it.
Edit: actually I just realized, nspector software is quite old as it as because I have it at least 2 years for sure!:D had it on my hard drive. Only afterburner is latest..:shrug:

Well that's probably not a big deal because it's a reference type card. Not much cooling capacity in this pny card

Last edited:
Back