• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my minimalist system, its in a Fractal Design Define XL, so I was forced to cut out for the fans in the top, but are very pleased with the outcome :)

p1000367uk.jpg

p1000369m.jpg

p1000371x.jpg

Just finished my first rig.

Pump: Danger Den DD-CPX1
RAD: Black Ice GT Stealth 360
Block: EK Supreme LT AMD CPU
Tube: PrimoChill PRO LRT 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD

Attachments

• P1010377.JPG
    P1010377.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,957
  • P1010374.JPG
    P1010374.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,917
Look below it on the first pic, you can't see the fans themselves but you can see the vents/grills.
Not sure how optimal that is though.

I contemplated the efficiency for quite some time before building it. For just cooling the cpu without a super crazy over-clock its worked great so far. My biggest concern was the heat rising from the radiator and getting sucked through the gpu, but the air being blown through the rad is just a degree or two above ambient when the computers under full load with the fans below the radiator on low.

should be push methinks...just based on martin's shroud testing.

I don't see enough room to mount the fans on top of the rad, and a push config would result in warm air headed straight through the GPU....so push hot air out the bottom imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back