Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

Lamptron's New Fan Controller - Meet the FC-9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 07-06-11, 08:58 AM Thread Starter   #1
Overclockers.com

Lamptron's New Fan Controller - Meet the FC-9

Quote:
Feast your eyes on Lamptron’s unique new fan controller!
... Return to article to continue reading.
Overclockers.com is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-06-11, 09:12 AM   #2
EarthDog
Researches Meritless
LIES for the Front
Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor

Such a nice looking and powerful controller!!!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-06-11, 09:56 AM   #3
normalicy
Registered

I like the clean look & color options. Also, I like sliders personally. Much easier to visually tell where you're setting them (in case you change things & wanna change them back).
normalicy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-06-11, 10:07 AM   #4
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalicy View Post
I like the clean look & color options. Also, I like sliders personally. Much easier to visually tell where you're setting them (in case you change things & wanna change them back).
Agreed.

/Begin OT/ You, sir, have one of the oldest 'new member' accounts I've seen. Glad you're still around and still reading. /end OT/

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-06-11, 01:48 PM   #5
Dolk
I once overclocked an Intel
in a nightmare and
it was HORRIBLE Senior

OCF's Plaything

One word: "Sexy"

be proud of the pink stars
Earthdog: New codename for SB for extreme overclockers... BLEH.

Dolk is offline Author Profile Benching Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-06-11, 06:12 PM   #6
bravokiloromeo
Registered

Sweet design; I like the minimalistic look of the sliders compared to the "bulky" knobs and gaudy touchscreens on most. This would look great in blue with my Raven RV02
bravokiloromeo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-07-11, 08:40 AM   #7
normalicy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
Agreed.

/Begin OT/ You, sir, have one of the oldest 'new member' accounts I've seen. Glad you're still around and still reading. /end OT/
LOL, you aren't the first to notice. I've been around for longer than that actually. I'm more of a browser than a poster. Trying to change that.
normalicy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-07-11, 01:34 PM   #8
jameseboy

Very nice, the Blue LEDS compliment the Brushed aluminum look. Id be tempted for one in my CM690.

Daily Rig // i5 2500K @4.5ghz 1.34v // Asus P8Z68-v Pro // 8GB Samsung Green Ram 1866mhz // H100/CoolerMaster Fans // Samsung BluRay Reader // MSI Power Edition gtx670 oc // 2TB Spinpoint F4 (storage), 750GB Spinpoint F3 (Games & Apps) // Crucial m4 128GB (Boot Win8 w/ mods) //
Laptop/HP pavilion DV6 // AMD turion 2.3Ghz // 4GB corsair Vengeance // AMD HD5470 // 500GB Spinpoint M8 // WIN7
LanRig/Personal Server/Htpc // Pentium G850 @ 3ghz // MSI Z68A-G43 // Corsair XMS3 4Gb 1600Mhz & 8Gb Corsair Vengeance (2 x 4GB 1600) // Stock Cooler // Samsung DVD Writer // MSI Cyclone gtx 460 1Gb // WD Blue & Green 250 GB drives //

Open Acrylic Bench/HTPC -- MY OLD CM690 --Super Clean htpc/lan rig/ personal Server [WIP]--
Steam = Jameseboy57 Origin = jameseboy57

jameseboy is offline Benching Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-08-11, 04:30 AM   #9
jmdixon85

This would have gone great with my HAF932! Shame I've just got a Zalman MFC1plus

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz/8GB DDR3 1333Mhz/4GB DDR2 1066Mhz/2GB DDR2
Video: 2x nVidia GTX470 sli/Radeon 3000/NVidia GTX460/iGPU
HDD: 128GB SSD (System)/WD VR 300GB(Games)/ 80GB HDD (TV Recordings)/WD VRaptor 160GB (Sytem), Maxtor 80GB (Sys Backup), 5x 1TB (RAID5 Data)/3TB (Backup) HighpointRR 3520 RAID Card/VR 160GB (system) 1TB (Data)/160GB
PSU: Corsair TX-M 750W/Enermax 495W/FSP 800W/FSP 300W
Case: Coolermaster HAF932/CM Cosmos S/Cosmos 1000
Audio: Toslink -> Pioneer VSX-820-K (Dolby TrueHD/DTS Master Audio)/Logitech X-530
i7/i5/i3 Overclocking Guide/Intel Core2 overclocking guide/AMD AM2 overclocking Guide
jmdixon85 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-08-11, 06:04 AM   #10
markp1989

loving the black one with red leds.

would look pretty nice in my Silverstone FT02

i dont understand why any one would need 50w per channel!!, most pumps I have seen use ~20w

Media Players: Intel NUC (Pxebooting Openelec) | NowTV box running Plex
Firewall: i5 2310 | 4Gb DDR3 | DH67CF ITX | Running Astaro
PORTABLE: Nexus 4 | Nexus 7 2013| Asus EEE transformer | HP Touchpad | 13" MacBook Pro Retina oct 2013 16Gb Ram
markp1989 is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-08-11, 07:42 AM   #11
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post

i dont understand why any one would need 50w per channel!!, most pumps I have seen use ~20w
That's the beauty of it...every color is the same controller, you can change it as you please.

As far as 50W/channel, it's helpful for controlling multiple fans on radiators (or just multiple fans period). My rad has 28.8W (three delta screamers rated for .8A/each) on it.

Some people use push-pull on their rads. I've actually done that before with six .65A Panaflo fans, which would total 46.8W. Previously, I had to use two channels on a 30W / channel controller. With this, I could run that setup on just one.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-08-11, 10:07 PM   #12
muddocktor
Retired

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post

Heh, you haven't met The Beast, as I have dubbed my bad boy SanAce compound fan. That controller isn't powerful enough to run it on just one channel.

And I do like the look of that fan controller. Powerful and clean looking!
muddocktor is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-11, 09:20 AM   #13
Matt180
Registered

Dumb question.. With it being 50w per channel, Im assuming you could hook 2-3 fans onto one channel?

Geil DDR2 2x2GB @800MHz
Thermaltake 850w PSU
4 x SATA HDD's + 1 External
Windows 7, Logitech G15 keyboard + Mouse
Matt180 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-11, 09:34 AM   #14
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

Most definitely, you just need a splitter (or two...or three...).

Old 07-17-11, 09:28 AM   #15
Krazy931
Registered

it has a nice clean look to it and has the option to change colors to match your box if youd like but it would be great if you could have it on rotating colors so its not always the same
Krazy931 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-24-11, 02:37 AM   #16
kskwerl

Can anyone tell me how you would be able to find out the rpwm's of a fan if it was just connected to that controller. Say for some panaflos on my heatsink

Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB @ 1600
HD: Crucial M4 64GB (OS) | 300GB WD Raptor
Video Card: XFX HD 4870 (for now)
PSU: Corsair HX850
kskwerl is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-26-11, 07:56 AM   #17
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

Hopefully the the "w" in rpwm's was a typo, I think that's a safe assumption.

If you want to measure RPM of a fan, you could split the wire off, put just the RPM wire in its own 3-pin plug and stick into one of the headers on your motherboard. That's the easiest way I can think of doing it.

Old 07-26-11, 11:49 PM   #18
hackintosh

any idea of when it will be available? I had been talking to a couple places trying to find fan controllers with more power and finally one comes up but I can't find it anywhere.
hackintosh is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-27-11, 06:08 AM   #19
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator

I've heard a couple of weeks from Lamptron but not a concrete date. I have the sample now and will be getting to it as soon as I can.
Old 07-27-11, 06:35 PM   #20
repilce

10 Year Badge

Too bad I cant use this for 4 PFC1212DE's

I don't recognize a fan until 1.0+A

X5670 @ 3.6ghz / P6T Deluxe / 3 x 4GB Ripjaw 1333 c7 / HD6950

Black belt Ubercloxx0r My Heat

Last edited by repilce; 07-27-11 at 06:42 PM.
repilce is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool