• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]NZXT Phantom Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

NZXT Phantom Case Review
by mdcomp

upperside-300x282.jpg

Maybe this is a cliché, but the NZXT Phantom Case is ready for liftoff. My first impression out of the box was: “this case looks like a freakin’ space shuttle.” Perhaps it was the smooth white exterior with black mesh highlights or the rounded edge of the drive cover? Now, NZXT may not have had NASA engineers design this monstrous full-tower, but the case is impressive between the cooling possibilities, wire-management features and it’s beautiful exterior.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review as always mdcomp! Looks like a nice case...not sure if it's quite my style, but very nice none the less. Cooling and wire management looks good. I think a flat black one would look a lot better, I think the white is what I don't like. :thup:

Thanks for the compliment!

Yeah, the white initially turned me off, but I started to really like it after a while. I was never a fan of white because it always felt cheap, like a 1998 Gateway PC or something, but this white is really stylish.

Matt

Looks good, I heard of that case but I didn't know it was full tower. How solid does the plastic construction feel in comparison to steel cases?

Looks good, I heard of that case but I didn't know it was full tower. How solid does the plastic construction feel in comparison to steel cases?

The case is steel. The front and top of the case have a plastic outer casing around it. The plastic is really thick and sturdy though. Overall, it's really solid material, not that flimsy metal that some cases are built with.

Matt

A Storm Trooper! Thats what it reminds me of...I thought it was the space shuttle, but nope.

/Star Wars reference. :chair:

A Storm Trooper! Thats what it reminds me of...I thought it was the space shuttle, but nope.

/Star Wars reference. :chair:

does that make it "The Phantom Menace" case?

" nice is case, to have feature and fuctions" Yoda.

Last edited:
Nice review :salute:

i actualy have one of theese cases on order (should be here next week or so).

i love the built in fan controler, and the spacious interior.

the sleek curves make it realy sexeh:thup:

the only thing that i would change is to add a window on the side to show off that lovley interior
(nothing a slight mod wont fix :p), if it had one it would same me some time cutting the thing up. its ALMOAST to pretty to cut up.:beer:

I enjoy working in my Phantom. Really. Enjoy. After years of struggling with beige boxes or too-small after-all cases, and six months of reading reviews, going to Fry's for some touchy-feely on all my other choices for a main rig, I bought a Phantom on sale at $99.00 + tax = $107.00. And am really glad I did.

The door on front, well, I've got curious young grandkids. Nice to have the door to hide all the potential for tiny button pushers. Built a caddy to roll it around under my return/desk. Cable management? Let's just say "way too easy". You can quote me on that. Got some sleeved NZXT extensions. Smudges on the plastic shell? Well, a little dab of Armor-all on a washcloth takes care of that. A chamoise afterwards takes care of later wipedowns.

Storm Trooper look? Not for everyone, that's for sure. But then, I went to the opening of Star Wars in 1977 with some friends. So the look is definitely not a problem for me. And after adding a couple of more fans I have a very quiet but cool computer. I say, good job on the box NZXT.

I just got my NZXT Phantom Black too and loving the design, only problem is with the Corsair H80 cpu cooler you cant fit a 200mm fan on the side door as it hits the radiator. Other than that the case is sweet.

Back