• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Core Temp 1.0 RC1 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uh... do not want?

Attachments

• ct.png
    ct.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 274
Yes, followed that to the letter, I also have my Android on the same network so dont need port forwarding, I did however open port 5200 to ensure access.... connection just times out after a minute or two

Gotcha. I don't have an Android based phone myself so I haven't tested it but I do know of one person who was able to get it to work. I'll see if I can flag The_Coolest down for you.

Got it working, looks pretty good, only comment is when I minimize the Coretemp Window in Windows it still sits on the bar at the bottom, suppose to go to the Win tray not?

I guess I won't be running Core Temp any more, since there is no way to keep the installer from putting that crappy Yahoo toolbar and other malware on my computer.:mad: And don't say I can uninstall it from the control panel. I don't want the crap put on in the first place and there is no way to install Core Temp without their crappy toolbar being installed.:bang head:bang head:bang head

Glad I don't run an AMD system now, because Real Temp doesn't foist off that Yahoo crap on their users!

:forecast:

@ muddocktor

The installer *SHOULD NOT* have installed the toolbar if you clicked Decline.
If it did then it's a bug. Several other users have reported the same issue, and W3i is working on getting this problem fixed.
I see nothing positive in giving users a bad experience using my software and force them to install something they don't want. There is no benefit of working this way as it is a guaranteed way of losing your user base and this was not my intention.
I'm really sorry that this new version has left a bad taste.
The standalone version is available, when you click on 'Extras' under the main download link you will see it.

@ Brolloks

Were you also able to get the Monitor app on your Android working as well?
Regarding the minimize to tray part of your question:
You can either disable the Windows 7 features altogether or untick the checkbox at the bottom, and the taskbar button will be hidden when you minimize it
Capture316.png

Yep, monitor app is working fine on both the android phone and tablet using wifi, could not get it to connect via 3G as yet

Well for 3G you probably need to forward the port for your PC in your router, and use your router's external IP to connect.

Not sure if anyone else can confirm but when my internet connection is via proxy only, I am not able to use the InstallIQ installer to install Core Temp. My work connection goes through proxy only so it didn't work.

I agree with you Mudd, the installer is definitely painful at best. If I didn't know TC, I would probably not be installing it just because I don't trust the installer.

Seems to have a bug, I get this after about 10 min, happens every time, just gets stuck at Tj Max

Attachments

• Coretemp.png
    Coretemp.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 251
Seems to be working well but is reporting the wrong cpu clock (right bclk, wrong multiplier)...

No issues with declining the toolbar

Back