• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Core Temp 1.0 RC1 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My actual settings are 167MHz x 24 = 4GHz

But it shows 167MHz x 12 = 2GHz

I'll post a side by side screen shot with CPUZ when I get home. All of my hault states are off and turbo boost is not enabled....

it's negotiable.
Frequency calculation can be done in several ways.
Can you install Intel Turbo monitor and see what it says?

Sorry, that application is not supported on Vista 64 prem, Win 7 only.

I don't want to sound rude but whatever way it is doing it, is wrong and cpuz is correct...

Well let me rephrase, whatever way it is doing it is producing an incorrect result. Arguing about how its done is a moot point...

I'll be glad to help test any changes/fixes you may want to use to address this in the future, just let me know.

Edit:
Just for SnG's I overclocked my cpu a little further by increasing the multiplier to 25x and bumpingthe vcore to see if Coretemp would pick up on the change. I was suspicious that the value was half of the actual...

CPUClock2.jpg

But even with it at 25x it still reports the same values as before....

Last edited:
Installed and operating properly on a Thuban at the moment. Looks good so far! Thanks for all your hard work Coolest!

I did before that post when I changed the overclock. I ran Prime95 small FTT and then blend for about an hour total for a short check of the OC settings. You can see the load temps are much higher than in the previous picture. Durring the stress test the multiplier did not change on either monitoring programs.

Not to get off on a tangent but the only issue i have with the Corsair 800D is that they do not balance the air in with the air out so my 3 high performance 120mm radiator fans are just blasting air out of the top and one 120mm fan is pushing even more out the back and the only intake is a single 120mm fan at the bottom of the main compartment.... So at first my temps hit about 73/74C and then i popped the side off and blew some air in and dropped them back to 68/69C... Anyway not to get off on another tanget as well the i7-960 required a significant voltage jump (1.35V to 1.40V) to get from 4Gz to 4.2GHz. So thats where a lot of the extra heat is coming from too.

In your screen shot above in post #22, you don't have any load on the CPU either.

You are correct, not at the time the screen shot was taken but I was watching the monitors for a change during the stressing... I was only mentioning that you could tell that I had stressed the system by the increase in max temps seen.

Core Temp 1.0 and Win 7 Gadget

The combination of the new CoreTemp and the Win 7 gadget is a winner!!!!

The gadget is truly informative in real time.:clap:

It's great knowing the temperatures for my laptop in Windows :D

coretemp.png

Thanks for adding the ACPI thermal zone support.

Also, if you have an Android, check out the Core Temp Monitor (Lite) on the Android Market :p

Temps spike to 98c on Core Temp 1.0 RC1

Hi,

I just completed a fresh install on my system:
Windows 7 Ultimate
i7-2600K
ROG Gene-Z
Corsair AX 750W
Corsair H70
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Corsair 650D (mid-tow..)
Crucial Real SSD 120GB Sata3
ATI Radeon 5770

Problem:
When i run Core Temp, with or without the new Core Temp Grapher Beta, my CPU suddenly spike to 98C on individual cores. In the end all cores have run at 98c for just a short sec or two - then it all goes down to normal again. This is without any load on the CPU, and Core Temp even shows that the load on the cpu is low, but it spikes up to 98c no mather what i do.

ALL other temp programs show a stable CPU. RealTemp, All Suite II, SpeedFan, CPUID HW Monitor. Under stress test with Prime, the CPU goes up to 98c several time according to Core Temp....but my computer and/or Prime95 doesent stop running...they all seem werry fine. There are also others reporting this issue:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/268607-11-core-temp-program

I've been using Core Temp for quite some time, but now i am not shure wether the trust the temp readings the program shows. If this is an error with Core Temp - wich it kinda has to be when not only me is reporting the same issue, the max-temp is 98c no mather what one does, and my comp doesnt shut down wich it should have done on 98c.

Anyone else having this problem? Is this a RC.1 BUG?

I have tried both the standalone and with InstallQ-medontlikesoftware ;)

A screenshot showin the difference in max temps is attached:

Attachments

• core-temp-problem.PNG
    core-temp-problem.PNG
    36.3 KB · Views: 164
That is definitely a bug. From what I remember, it only seems to be on Sandy Bridge based systems that does it as I don't have false temperature spikes on my i7.

That is definitely a bug. From what I remember, it only seems to be on Sandy Bridge based systems that does it as I don't have false temperature spikes on my i7.

Tried the new version on my laptop with a Core2 Duo, and yes, temps are normal. Most likely a problem related to tempreadings for SB CPUs.

I am shure this will be fixed in a soon to come update :)

Hi,

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

This prog is a must have for calming my nerves when benching. And as i am running a lot of tests/benching these days - my workday just got a heck lot better now :)

Version 1.0 RC2 - 7th September, 2011

- Fix: Temperature spikes to TjMax on Sandy Bridge CPUs.
- Fix: Settings not saved properly bug.

- Change: Changed frequency detection back to the original for Intel processors.
- Change: Removed power consumption feature on older CPUs (only supported by Sandy Bridge now).

- Known issues: Occasionally wrong FSB detection (Workaround: Press F5 in Core Temp).
- Known issues: Recognition of Atom E600 series.

Last edited:
RC2 is displaying my cpu clock correctly now! Nice work :thup:

It would be sweet if GPU load and temps were on the gadget as well....

Last edited:
Back