• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE BitFenix Shinobi Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, we are looking at the Shinobi Window Mid Tower ATX case, a very sleek offering by BitFenix. BitFenix is a very new company to the market. Opening their doors in March of 2010 and their first product (Colossus) shipped in August of 2010. Their product line became available in the US around January of 2011...

... Return to article to continue reading.

Just wanted to add something else to this. Getting a new motherboard this coming week so I'll see if the issues I had with the heatsink mount and fan positions still exist with the new board. I'll keep everyone updated.

Funny thing. I was just looking at this case at performance-pcs and hoping I would see a review here for it. Thanks! Now if I can only find the white edition.

Do you think a radiator would fit on the top without issues similar to your heatsink? Hitting the motherboard, etc..

Funny thing. I was just looking at this case at performance-pcs and hoping I would see a review here for it. Thanks! Now if I can only find the white edition.

Do you think a radiator would fit on the top without issues similar to your heatsink? Hitting the motherboard, etc..

I'll take a look at this and double check. Though a rad and fans... that might be pushing it depending on your motherboard and the heatsinks for the VRM's and possibly ram. Right now I'd say its either fans or rad in the top. Space for fans on the rad well I wouldn't count on it for majority of systems.

For the white edition, try buying it directly from BitFenix.

nice looking case.

what CPU Cooler are you using there?

Using my trusty Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Sadly silly me when I got my new mobo I forgot the mounting clip I need for it so using the stock one right now on my i5 2500k. :/ Shame I want to OC it more! :)

Have to say with the new motherboard, depending on how the heatsink fits both fans possibly will fit in the top of the case if the fans are venting straight up and out the top of the case. The back mount plate shouldn't be an issue either like I had prior. Hopefully I'll have the necessary bracket by the end of this coming week.

CPU Mount coming in tonight! Will update once I have it assembled.

CPU mount successful with my new motherboard for i5 2500k, an Asus P8P67 with the Thermalright Ultra Extreme heatsink with the Venox mounting kit.

Heatsink fits horizontally perfectly fine (didn't try vertical) both fans mounted with original mounting kits I have for it. Second case fan for exhaust on top is now possible.

Mounting on the back plate. Its a tight fit, though its possible to get it in. I think its more dealing with the 1366 mounting kits since the plate would be smaller if it was a true 1155/1156 kit. Loosening the screws on the motherboard is not needed this time to remove or install the backplate at all.

Just wanted to give the update on this for everyone so they know!

Back