• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Introducing "Core Temp Monitor" for Android

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Downloading and installing now! Will report back once I got it going.

In the install, there is a prompt to install the yahoo toolbar, so you may want to watch for that and decline if you don't want it!

By the way, you can also join the developer's livechat here if you have questions or problems:
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/livechat.html

Once I get my Samsung Galaxy SII this week :)drool:) I'll give this a whirl :)

Thanks for the software but don't think I'll be using it as it is heavily bloated.
Other things and Yahoo toolbar was unchecked but it installed anyway.

Ya Sam, unfortunately thats apparently a bug with the InstallIQ system - personally I think Arthur should consider alternative installer solutions. No one likes foisted spyware, and its not a problem with his app exactly, but the installer system he's using - easy to replace, probably best to just replace it at least until they fix their garbage installer. :shrug: Most users, like you, don't care if its the app or the installer - they'll blame CoreTemp as the blame ultimately falls on the app developer.

You weren't the first to bring it up either, Muddocktor mentioned the same problem a few weeks ago: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6939827&postcount=12

You need to click "More Downloads" then on the standalone downloads. This avoids the ****ty InstallIQ software.

Attachments

• CT.png
    CT.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 320
What David posted works well.

When you run the installer, you have to click "Decline" on the toolbar offer, and it will only install Core Temp.

Replacing the installer is not possible. This company works directly with Yahoo and other advertisers, and Yahoo referred them to me after I tried contacting Yahoo, Google, Microsoft.
These guys require much higher downloads per month than what I currently have to sign a contract with, so I didn't have much of a choice.
It is also the only kind of installer that this company does, and unfortunately I don't have a way around it.

Besides the crappy installer the android app and the remote plugin are very simple to install and it works flawlessly. With 2 monitors running it was about as close to realtime as you can get over 3g.

Here's a beta version of a Linux based server, which uses lm-sensors.
Currently 'k10temp' driver support is experimental but 'coretemp' and 'k8temp' seem to work.
Download

Readme:
Requirements:
1. Mono with 'corelib2.0' and 'winforms2.0' if you want to use the WindowGui.
2. lm-sensors.
3. Intel: 'coretemp' driver for temperatures.
AMD: 'k8temp' for any pre-Phenom gen CPU and 'k10temp' for Phenom gen and later. (k10temp support is still experimental)
VIA: 'via-cputemp' driver for temperatures.
4. Android based device with Core Temp Monitor (Lite).
5. Network (for LAN) or Internet connection.

Configuration:
For WindowGui go to the "Settings" tab.
For ConsoleGui press 'c' then Enter for configuration screen.
You need to type in the name of the sensor you would like to use for VCore/VID. (run the ConsoleGui version from the terminal for a list of all sensors with names)
For TjMax sensor name, default is 'crit', as seen when you run 'sensors' command from the terminal and look at the 'coretemp' driver output.
Then you can adjust the update interval and the port the machine is going to be listening on.

Last edited:
Back